+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: **** me..watching sheff wed..

**** me..watching sheff wed..

..and forest..two utter shit teams..

Re: **** me..watching sheff wed..

And both have beaten City during the last month.

Quote Originally Posted by kendoddsdadsdogsdead View Post
    We have been linked with Windass, Reach and Rhodes in recent weeks. Not impressed.

I watched too. Reminded me of why we got rid of Kadeem Harris. The boy thinks he is Ronaldo but plays like Ali Dia.

Isn't anyone going to say we should never have got rid of Callum Paterson?

I still see people on FB saying how much we miss people like Harris and Patterson

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    I still see people on FB saying how much we miss people like Harris and Patterson
    Plenty on here still bang on about them aswell

Derby v Wednesday next week has a bite to it now

revenge for snowgate..we let rotherham win..and Wednesday beat derby..derby and Wednesday go down..I think

revenge for snowgate..we let rotherham win..and Wednesday beat derby..derby and Wednesday go down..I think
    Oh why not let Rotherham have it I say , feel sorry for them clubs like them , dislike Derby and their PR and posturing about being a sleeping giant , where is the investigation into Rooney apportionment and wearing a 33 shirts ,what was that all about and the many finical investigations a that club , Wednesday fart and they are deducted points .

And folk bang on about the morality of the super 6 behaviours ,and its the peoples game lol

cracking penalty save though...

like the look of windass he looks ok

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Oh why not let Rotherham have it I say , feel sorry for them clubs like them , dislike Derby and their PR and posturing about being a sleeping giant , where is the investigation into Rooney apportionment and wearing a 33 shirts ,what was that all about and the many finical investigations a that club , Wednesday fart and they are deducted points .

And folk bang on about the morality of the super 6 behaviours ,and its the peoples game lol
    Would love to see Derby relegated next week.
    I suppose Rooney would complain that they have had to play most of their home games on snow and ice

We managed to make Sheff Weds look like Barcelona. That must be a talent in itself?

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    Would love to see Derby relegated next week.
    I suppose Rooney would complain that they have had to play most of their home games on snow and ice
    Just shows even with good skilled players who can hold a ball, pass with more eloquence than say us, it doesn't always work in this unique league . I'm not sure if Rooney is a blamer ??

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport...nsfer-20516850

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/ca...wednesday-ace/

A report (picked up and amplified by other outlets) that we have made an approach to Wednesday for Josh Windass.

Their top scorer this season, still only 27, and with one year left on his contract.

He is a useful player, but Mick McCarthy played down talk of finding a Harry Wilson replacement after the Birmingham match (we will have Colwill and Williams on a year's option or new contact) and Windass is not that much of a step up on what we have - and for a fee too! We did make him look like a world beater for Wigan at the start of last season (August 2019) when he ran through and round Mozzer and Flint to turn the game. But anyone with a 3rd gear would have looked like a world beater that afternoon!

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    We have been linked with Windass, Reach and Rhodes in recent weeks. Not impressed.
    Barry Bannan on the other hand..

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport...nsfer-20516850

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/ca...wednesday-ace/

A report (picked up and amplified by other outlets) that we have made an approach to Wednesday for Josh Windass.

Their top scorer this season, still only 27, and with one year left on his contract.

He is a useful player, but Mick McCarthy played down talk of finding a Harry Wilson replacement after the Birmingham match (we will have Colwill and Williams on a year's option or new contact) and Windass is not that much of a step up on what we have - and for a fee too! We did make him look like a world beater for Wigan at the start of last season (August 2019) when he ran through and round Mozzer and Flint to turn the game. But anyone with a 3rd gear would have looked like a world beater that afternoon!
    i) Will he help us pick up points next year as we come to terms with shrinking budget?

9 league goals and 5 assists in struggling Wednesday side this year suggests it's likely - that's more contributions than James Collins who leads line for mid-table Stoke and same as Junior Stanislas, although in 5 more games than the latter. Only 38% shot accuracy though (lowest in top 25 goal scorers) and he doesn't appear in the top 25 of assist makers in the league. More likely to compete for Josh Murphy role as attacking midfielder/second striker rather than the Wilson role behind?

ii) Could he help us get promoted?

iii) Will he be able to handle step up into the Premier League?

I was looking again at Warnock's signings in his last summer here and apart from Curtis Nelson who has been extended and potentially Will Vaulks who is right mix of cheap, good in dressing room and productive at this level I really can't see any getting an extension on their first deal. Same could be said for his Premier League signings adding that only Decadova-Reid has recovered any money in transfer fee with my prediction being that that list doesn't grow....if anyone was wondering how much he fecked up those windows in his last two years.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    If he is so good why are they fighting for relegation?
    Don't think we need another one paced midfielder. We need someone who can burst through the opposition with pace.

Quote Originally Posted by willo1927 View Post
    If he is so good why are they fighting for relegation?
    Don't think we need another one paced midfielder. We need someone who can burst through the opposition with pace.
    So do lots of other Championship teams. Picking them up on the cheap is something of a challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    He can pass a ball, the City won't be interested in him

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gillis View Post
    He can pass a ball, the City won't be interested in him
    I saw a report about him, being critical for his lack of creativity despite his obvious technical excellence.

I think that if Barry Bannan was going to shine, he would have done so away from Sheffield Wednesday.

Form over last 6 games:

Derby - LLLLLL (24th out of 24)
    Rotherham - LLLLDD (21st out of 24)
    Wednesday - LLDWLD (20th out of 24)

But can anyone guess the two sides separating Rotherham from Derby when ranked in form table over this period of time?

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Form over last 6 games:

Derby - LLLLLL (24th out of 24)
    Rotherham - LLLLDD (21st out of 24)
    Wednesday - LLDWLD (20th out of 24)

But can anyone guess the two sides separating Rotherham from Derby when ranked in form table over this period of time?
    Not looked, but my guess is Bristol City?

Not looked, but my guess is Bristol City?
    Correct. The other is a little more surprising so something to think about while nibbling on an oatcake.

Yorkshire Live reporting no approach from Cardiff to Wednesday for Windass!

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport...ndass-20530342

The non-story filled a few webpages for a while, so job done! Online paper talk rather than agent talk?