+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rotherham will need to win next week

Rotherham will need to win next week

And hope that Derby lose.
    But would like to see Wednesday beat Derby and us beat Rotherham to see Derby go down.

Re: Rotherham will need to win next week

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEAWAY View Post
    But would like to see Wednesday beat Derby and us beat Rotherham to see Derby go down.
    That doesn’t make any sense

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post

If Rotherham win at Luton this week, it’s possible

A very big if. Rotherham are shit.

If Rotherham beat Luton on Tuesday they go above Derby on gd.

If Derby lose they are relegated regardless.

Luton on a roll though so Rotherham wont have it easy in their penultimate match. That said, I think I'd prefer Derby to go down...snowgate avenged.

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    Luton on a roll though so Rotherham wont have it easy in their penultimate match. That said, I think I'd prefer Derby to go down...snowgate avenged.
    Also payback Rooney for kicking Jordon Mutch and getting away with it

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEAWAY View Post
    Oh yes indeed

It does. It could be that Derby & Rotherham go into next weekend on 33 points, Wednesday start the day on 30 but beat Derby, we beat Rotherham so with the three of them on 33 Rotherham stay up on goal difference. Tuesday is crucial for Rotherham.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    It does. It could be that Derby & Rotherham go into next weekend on 33 points, Wednesday start the day on 30 but beat Derby, we beat Rotherham so with the three of them on 33 Rotherham stay up on goal difference. Tuesday is crucial for Rotherham.
    wrong on so many levels

Firstly Derby currently have 43, The other three teams have 40.

Rotherham can lose on Tuesday and still stay up on the final day by beating us (you seem to assume we are going to win, have you learned nothing in 50 years)

At the moment it's in Rotherham's hands. Win at Luton and at us and they stay up.

Win one of those games (either one) and they stay up if Sheff Weds win at Derby.

I may be wrong but don't City have form for giving struggling teams a hand-up at the end of the season?

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    I may be wrong but don't City have form for giving struggling teams a hand-up at the end of the season?
    I wouldn’t just include the end of the season. It’s all flaming year.

Their xg shows they should have conceded a lot less and scored a lot more.

They should already be safe theyve been let down by a load of 1-0 losses

I did wonder whether Luton’s owner would be leaning on the manager for the next game to play the reserves - sending down Derby and Wednesday would boost Luton’s survival hopes next season. Very much Doubt it but you never know stranger things have happened

I thought they played as well as anyone against us during McCarthy's great start with us and they were unlucky to lose, but, if we agree Rotherham are shit, what does that make Derby who have thrown tens of millions at becoming a Premier League club while sailing very, very close to the wind in terms of obeying the rules in the process?

Derby deserve to go down, but even if they and Wednesday finish in the the bottom three, if I were a Rotherham and Huddersfield fan, I'd still be very concerned about the outcome of the inevitable appeals to the EFL by dodgy Derby and shady Sheffield.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Also payback Rooney for kicking Jordon Mutch and getting away with it
    Should have been a straight red. As you say, Rooney got away with it.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Their xg shows they should have conceded a lot less and scored a lot more.

They should already be safe theyve been let down by a load of 1-0 losses

I did wonder whether Luton’s owner would be leaning on the manager for the next game to play the reserves - sending down Derby and Wednesday would boost Luton’s survival hopes next season. Very much Doubt it but you never know stranger things have happened
    12th place with a game in hand Luton? Who can still finish in top 10? Why the hell would they throw a game based on next season? Thats as ridiculous as Xg

Assuming Rotherham to lose at Luton

If Rotherham beat us say 1-0 they will have 43 pts and a goal difference of -15 plus the deficit on Tuesday.
    If Wednesday beat Derby, Derby will have a goal difference of -22 plus the deficit on Saturday.
    Wednesday have a goal difference of -21 which will lower of they win.
    All would have 43pts.

Do we want Rotherham to beat Luton effectively relegating Wednesday before final day or the more exciting ticket of any two of three can go down?

Rotherham presumably had their results boosted earlier in the year by being more rested than most (too rested?) but now that advantage swinging the other way and they'll be very tired by time they come to us. Their manager seems like a fantastic person to work for though.

12th place with a game in hand Luton? Who can still finish in top 10? Why the hell would they throw a game based on next season? Thats as ridiculous as Xg
    I know as a Luton owner who id want to stay up next year out of Wednesday Derby and Rotherham

Of course it wouldn’t happen but I do wonder if it’s going through the owners head

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Do we want Rotherham to beat Luton effectively relegating Wednesday before final day or the more exciting ticket of any two of three can go down?

Rotherham presumably had their results boosted earlier in the year by being more rested than most (too rested?) but now that advantage swinging the other way and they'll be very tired by time they come to us. Their manager seems like a fantastic person to work for though.
    The ideal would be Rotherham beat Luton on Tuesday, then we beat Rotherham (taking 7th from Reading) and Wednesday beat Derby on Saturday.

We then host a Rotherham party on the CCS pitch to a commentary by those two gents on Millers TV (brilliant both of them).

For me the icing on the cake would be Barnsley winning the play offs.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    wrong on so many levels

Firstly Derby currently have 43, The other three teams have 40.

Rotherham can lose on Tuesday and still stay up on the final day by beating us (you seem to assume we are going to win, have you learned nothing in 50 years)

At the moment it's in Rotherham's hands. Win at Luton and at us and they stay up.

Win one of those games (either one) and they stay up if Sheff Weds win at Derby.
    Apart from being 10 points adrift I still say Tuesday is crucial to Rotherham and they’ll be cheering on the Owls on Saturday. ( and it’s 59 years Michael)

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Apart from being 10 points adrift I still say Tuesday is crucial to Rotherham and they’ll be cheering on the Owls on Saturday. ( and it’s 59 years Michael)
    as pointed out in this thread the GD means that if Rotherham did beat Luton then Weds would be all but relegated unless there's a sir 7 goal swing on the final day.

What would be an anti climax would be if Derby went and got a point or three and stayed up.

as pointed out in this thread the GD means that if Rotherham did beat Luton then Weds would be all but relegated unless there's a sir 7 goal swing on the final day.

What would be an anti climax would be if Derby went and got a point or three and stayed up.
    Gosh they are very anti climaxtic words ( Derby staying up) 😁.

Few final season end results too cheer me up :
    Derby down .
    Leicester win FA Cup.
    Everton finish above Liverpool.
    Swansea fail to be promoted.
    Brentford get thier just rewards via promotion .
    Cwnty to win play off final .
    PSG to beat Man City and go on and win European Cup.

Surely more likely if Wednesday are effectively relegated before kick-off?