+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Signings of the Season

Signings of the Season

Chelsea securing the services of Thomas Tuchel must be right up there. He’s taken to the English premier league like a duck to water.
    They look a completely different team since he took over from Lampard.
    In a strong position to finish top 4, an FA cup final and on the verge of a champions league final.

Re: Signings of the Season

Ruben Dias Man City

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Ruben Dias Man City
    Agreed. Jesse Lingard has also given West Ham a massive boost at the right time

Lingard and Cavani for me. Both have contributed to their teams success this season.

Think Fofana of Leicester's been good and I believe Rodon could turn out to be something of a bargain. There's Cash and Watkins at Villa, Eze at Palace and Brighton bought well.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Chelsea securing the services of Thomas Tuchel must be right up there. He’s taken to the English premier league like a duck to water.
    In a strong position to finish top 4, an FA cup final and on the verge of a champions league final.
    I am impressed with this manager, speaks well very indeed, as player you cannot fail to get on board with him.

Its incredible that Harry Maguire cost almost 20m more than Dias.

A lesson learned by Abramovic. Top players don't necessarily make top managers, even if they are club legends. Can't see John Terry turning up at the Bridge once Tuchel's time there is up !

Kieffer Moore on value paid v goal return astonishing piece of business well done the City .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Kieffer Moore on value paid v goal return astonishing piece of business well done the City .
    Hear Hear! Don't give a monkeys about the others mentioned so far 👍

Quote Originally Posted by Madassa View Post
    Hear Hear! Don't give a monkeys about the others mentioned so far 👍
    Lad !

Not a fan of Tuchel, I mean he's very good. Elite level really.
    He's looking good at the moment, as he's at the club with probably the second best squad in the division, and the guy before him wasn't doing a good job.

My main problem with him is he's so defensive. He takes over at clubs with elite attacking players and defensive issues and shores up the defence and that's about it.
    I can understand why he's playing that way, and he'll probably be very successful with it, but I just think it's a crying shame for clubs who have such good players not to let them off the leash more often.

That's just one of many reasons that he's earning millions as coach of Chelsea and I'm not though.

In terms of players I'd say that Martinez the Villa goalkeeper has to be up there.

Likewise Ollie Watkins for Villa or Wilson for Newcastle - without those signings those clubs have very different seasons.

In the championship it's hard to look beyond Moore, 20 goals for that price is amazing value. Ivan Toney needs to be mentioned as he's done brilliantly, how Brentford CONTINUALLY unearth 20+ goal strikers to sell is nothing short of remarkable - especially when you consider how infrequently they seem to come along for us.

Honourable mention to Emi Buendia (who wasn't signed this season, so doesn't count) but the £1.5 million they paid for him Is looking like incredible value now - when they sell him they'll be getting 50 million + I reckon