+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Relegation

Relegation

Big game at Kenilworth Road tonight. Despite losing their last four games (and a league-high 26 games overall), Rotherham are effectively still in control of their own destiny, thanks mainly to Derby's woeful recent form. A win tonight at Luton would take them above Derby in to 21st place, with a goal difference margin of at least 7 goals. They come to the CCS on Saturday, whilst Derby host Sheffield Wednesday, who themselves are still in with an outside chance of staying up. Personally I hope Rotherham stay up, although it would mean them potentially having to beat us to ensure survival.

Re: Relegation

If Rotherham beat Luton they go above Derby on goal difference.

There will be something riding on their game with us win, lose or draw tonight for Rotherham.

They have a better goal difference but a win tonight and lose to us would mean a Derby draw sends them down.

A bit of end of season excitement. Not for us might I add but excitement all the same.

I hope Derby go down, but I don't think they will.

Not because of Rooney, or that match they had cancelled for non-existent snow, but because of the shameful way they treated their club captain Richard Keogh.
    Barely misses a game for 7 years or so, multiple time player of the year, 9th in all time appearances . Injures his knee in the back of a car being driven by a team mate and the club sack him, and the team mates who were drunk driving are given a slap on the wrists.

I think he ended up suing for unfair dismissal.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnojek View Post
    Big game at Kenilworth Road tonight. Despite losing their last four games (and a league-high 26 games overall), Rotherham are effectively still in control of their own destiny, thanks mainly to Derby's woeful recent form. A win tonight at Luton would take them above Derby in to 21st place, with a goal difference margin of at least 7 goals. They come to the CCS on Saturday, whilst Derby host Sheffield Wednesday, who themselves are still in with an outside chance of staying up. Personally I hope Rotherham stay up, although it would mean them potentially having to beat us to ensure survival.
    By my maths if Rotherham win tonight and sheff wed beat Derby 1 nil Rotherham stay up if we don't beat them heavily? But maths was never my strong point

Dream scenario for me if that happens - dislike Derby and sheff wed - no real reason for this!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    By my maths if Rotherham win tonight and sheff wed beat Derby 1 nil Rotherham stay up if we don't beat them heavily? But maths was never my strong point

Dream scenario for me if that happens - dislike Derby and sheff wed - no real reason for this!!!
    Yes I think you're right, although obviously two wins for Rotherham means they're pretty much guaranteed to stay up, unless Derby scored an absolute hatful against Sheff Wed.

If Rotherham win tonight Wednesday are down barring two "freak" results on Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post

Not because of Rooney, or that match they had cancelled for non-existent snow, but because of the shameful way they treated their club captain Richard Keogh.
    Barely misses a game for 7 years or so, multiple time player of the year, 9th in all time appearances . Injures his knee in the back of a car being driven by a team mate and the club sack him, and the team mates who were drunk driving are given a slap on the wrists.

I'd forgotten that, yet another black mark against a club that has been well dodgy in recent seasons. Bennett and Lawrence, who did not miss any football, retained by the club and Keogh who was out for around a year sacked - if there's any justice, Derby will go down, but I suspect that, one again, they'll get away with it.

If Rotherham win tonight then Wednesday have (almost) nothing to play for on the weekend and it's more likely that Rotherham have to match Derby's result when playing us to stay up.

Wednesday would be down already if their points deduction (delayed which potentially sent Wigan down) wasn't reduced from 12 points to 6 on appeal.

Think we all hope Rotherham stay up but it's still fairly unlikely.

Regarding car crash punishment: "the pair were fined six weeks' wages by the club after the crash - the maximum their contracts would allow." according to BBC report on their court case. Sacking Keogh can be judged separately.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I'd forgotten that, yet another black mark against a club that has been well dodgy in recent seasons. Bennett and Lawrence, who did not miss any football, retained by the club and Keogh who was out for around a year sacked - if there's any justice, Derby will go down, but I suspect that, one again, they'll get away with it.
    apparently he won an unfair dismissal case back in January and Derby have been ordered to pay him £2 million, though they are going to appeal that.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post

We should play a youth team v Rotherham and hopefully send Derby down

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    We should play a youth team v Rotherham and hopefully send Derby down
    I agree. That would be karma for snowgate