+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Scenes outside and Inside Old Trafford

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Scenes outside and Inside Old Trafford

Better bit of action on the pitch than the game will likely be - if it goes ahead now?

Re: Scenes outside and Inside Old Trafford

That's strange. I didn't think United had any Manchester based fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyncoed Slumdog View Post
    That's strange. I didn't think United had any Manchester based fans.
    Citizen infiltrators, clever ploy to get the rags fined

Kick-off delayed apparently.

Didn't they have any security? Wasn't anyone aware at Manchester United that this protest might happen? They'll probably be fined a bucketfull of money more than what extra security would have cost.

Quote Originally Posted by 19bluebirds27 View Post
    Better bit of action on the pitch than the game will likely be - if it goes ahead now?
    Good on them I say, time to stand up and get the fans voices heard. Peaceful and very effective protest

Would we put up with their owners idiosyncrasies if they spent £719 Million on players?
    I think I would .

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    Would we put up with their owners idiosyncrasies if they spent £719 Million on players?
    I think I would .
    Let's not open that debate up, alot of our fans sold out with the mere promise of money being spent.

I think I would .
    We did. Hammam was a precursor to the Glazer model. Splurged on players loading debt into the club whilst taking hefty amounts out to line his own pockets with little or no risk to himself. Glazers have bought Man U with borrowed money, loaded the cost of that purchase onto a debt free club in interest payments, siphoned off £200m into their own pockets whilst loading £500m debt and counting onto the club.

I think I would .
    Glaziers leveraged the buyout against the club. Like someone buying your house and borrowing the cash from you to buy it.

Difference is we were effectively worthless (to a degree) where Man Utd have a value

I’m confused, I watch Sky’s coverage while having my dinner and hear how it was a peaceful protest and those involved were right to air their grievances at the owners, Then I go to do the washing up, switch Radio Five on and there’s blanket condemnation from pundits and fans alike with talk of violence behaviour and the protesters being little more than hooligans - it’s balanced coverage as long as you constantly switch between the two!

I think I would .
    Spent 719m of money generated by the club itself

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Spent 719m of money generated by the club itself
    and taken way more money than that out of the club over the years

Quote Originally Posted by alan_corneli View Post
    Kick-off delayed apparently.

Didn't they have any security? Wasn't anyone aware at Manchester United that this protest might happen? They'll probably be fined a bucketfull of money more than what extra security would have cost.
    Good. That’s the only way these Yank billionaires will take any notice - if it hits them in the pocket.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    and taken way more money than that out of the club over the years
    Exactly

I think I would .
    Yeah but you’re a ****

Irony being that Sky probably having a massive say of whether this game goes ahead or not

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Yeah but you’re a ****

Thanks.
    What’s needed is the match cancelled and the three points awarded to Liverpool and/ or a twelve point deduction from Manchester United next season.

That should make you happy since it would hurt the owners as well as the idiots doing it and the game itself.

That should make you happy since it would hurt the owners as well as the idiots doing it and the game itself.
    I don't see how the game being called off will affect the owners as it was a postponement and not a cancellation meaning TV money is secure.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    I don't see how the game being called off will affect the owners as it was a postponement and not a cancellation meaning TV money is secure.

Well, we don’t know yet. Unless the Premier league want this to happen again they must act to punish the club, and a good start would be to award the points to Liverpool.
    The club might be sued for loss of income by tv companies world wide and I hope by the poor buggers who’ve had their cars and property damaged or been assaulted during this incident.

If the club can’t provide security and safety for the general public then they shouldn’t be allowed to hold football games there. Possibly then , they should have to play all games next season behind closed doors in addition to a points deduction.

Well, we don’t know yet. Unless the Premier league want this to happen again they must act to punish the club, and a good start would be to award the points to Liverpool.
    The club might be sued for loss of income by tv companies world wide and I hope by the poor buggers who’ve had their cars and property damaged or been assaulted during this incident.

If the club can’t provide security and safety for the general public then they shouldn’t be allowed to hold football games there. Possibly then , they should have to play all games next season behind closed doors in addition to a points deduction.
    Arm chair Liverpool fan NQAT

It's highly unlikely UK football can go down the 50+1 route because it would mean undoing so much of past three decades in football and fans accepting their clubs becoming less able to purchase best players from Europe for £100million plus.

While there are football fans desperate for game to improve ticket prices, representation for women's game, fair compensation for buying young players and not hoarding talent etc. there are also a huge number of fans who don't like the Super League but also don't like that their owners haven't spent as Man City and Chelsea have: seemingly never ending cheque-books and almost always leading to success.

There is also a detained Russian politician who has asked UK to impose sanctions on Roman Abramovich due to close ties to Putin's faux democracy government and yet Roman is one of the most popular owners in UK football. No conversation about the Super League, as far as I can tell, has included talk about how UK football is currently funded.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    It's highly unlikely UK football can go down the 50+1 route because it would mean undoing so much of past three decades in football and fans accepting their clubs becoming less able to purchase best players from Europe for £100million plus.

While there are football fans desperate for game to improve ticket prices, representation for women's game, fair compensation for buying young players and not hoarding talent etc. there are also a huge number of fans who don't like the Super League but also don't like that their owners haven't spent as Man City and Chelsea have: seemingly never ending cheque-books and almost always leading to success.

There is also a detained Russian politician who has asked UK to impose sanctions on Roman Abramovich due to close ties to Putin's faux democracy government and yet Roman is one of the most popular owners in UK football. No conversation about the Super League, as far as I can tell, has included talk about how UK football is currently funded.
    Fans can't afford to buy the major stake in the big clubs. The interesting thing about the 51% fan ownership in the Bundesliga is that it was introduced in 1998 more as a liberalisation rather than as a restriction - as clubs were not permitted to be privately owned before then.

The model of club ownership in the UK will always involve a tension between fans and wealthy owners - and the drive towards exploiting revenue from other countries where TV viewers attach themselves to clubs merely as a brand seems unstoppable in the long term.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Fans can't afford to buy the major stake in the big clubs. The interesting thing about the 51% fan ownership in the Bundesliga is that it was introduced in 1998 more as a liberalisation rather than as a restriction - as clubs were not permitted to be privately owned before then.

The model of club ownership in the UK will always involve a tension between fans and wealthy owners - and the drive towards exploiting revenue from other countries where TV viewers attach themselves to clubs merely as a brand seems unstoppable in the long term.
    the Government could try to force the owners to GIFT 51% of the club to the fans, but would " the big 6 " fans have voted against the Super cup, afterall they were happy enough to breakaway and form the EPL to get more money

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    the Government could try to force the owners to GIFT 51% of the club to the fans, but would " the big 6 " fans have voted against the Super cup, afterall they were happy enough to breakaway and form the EPL to get more money
    I think there's more chance of Sludge getting off with Victoria Coren.