+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Scenes outside and Inside Old Trafford

Re: Scenes outside and Inside Old Trafford

Quote Originally Posted by PontBlue View Post
    I just watched MOTD2 and the fan/journalist they interviewed didn't come across very well. Tried to justify the actions as Manchester United fans campaigning for fairer distribution of wealth across the football pyramid. Yeah, that's what it was about.
    Famously the big clubs' fans were really on board with the super league...

They've had enough. We all have.

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    Wrong. I’m not interested in any of the money teams who buy success...
    If that’s the case, who are you interested in?

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    the Government could try to force the owners to GIFT 51% of the club to the fans, but would " the big 6 " fans have voted against the Super cup, afterall they were happy enough to breakaway and form the EPL to get more money
    I think there's more chance of Sludge getting off with Victoria Coren.

Fifty one per cent fan ownership at clubs could be a reality if there was really the desire for such a thing in the corridors of power, but I don’t see any sign of it and there has been a lot of rowing back on that score since the news of the ESL broke just over a fortnight ago. The stories that the Government were very annoyed by the slow response of the Premier League to the Covid related problems of smaller clubs made me hopeful something radical might be on the way, but, despite fans clearly still being annoyed at the six clubs, there’s been what looks like a back to normal outlook from the game’s decision makers.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Fifty one per cent fan ownership at clubs could be a reality if there was really the desire for such a thing in the corridors of power, but I don’t see any sign of it and there has been a lot of rowing back on that score since the news of the ESL broke just over a fortnight ago. The stories that the Government were very annoyed by the slow response of the Premier League to the Covid related problems of smaller clubs made me hopeful something radical might be on the way, but, despite fans clearly still being annoyed at the six clubs, there’s been what looks like a back to normal outlook from the game’s decision makers.
    How are fans going to come up with hundreds of millions of pounds to buy the major shareholding in the biggest clubs though?
    Transfermarkt have City's value at £58.35M and I can't see us oiks being able to cough up 51% of that figure. And I can't see current owners relinquishing their assets at a huge loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I think there's more chance of Sludge getting off with Victoria Coren.
    agreed, but its the only way this 51% will happen, as fans are never going to tip up with the money