+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Hard to judge Bluebirds yesterday

Hard to judge Bluebirds yesterday

Lee Bowyer decided to field a primarily reserve eleven in a game with nothing on it. Wilson showed a brief glimpse of what he could do, but he hasn’t done that too often. Whilst he is a threat on occasions, you can easily see why Klopp doesn’t think he’s good enough for the Premier league. I agree with him. A championship player at best. As for Birmingham, they were safe, nothing to play for after their recent good form. Lee Bowyer didn’t seem to concerned that they were beaten far too easily and was the one who would have learnt the most from yesterday’s game.

Re: Hard to judge Bluebirds yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by Ivortheengine View Post
    Lee Bowyer decided to field a primarily reserve eleven in a game with nothing on it. Wilson showed a brief glimpse of what he could do, but he hasn’t done that too often. Whilst he is a threat on occasions, you can easily see why Klopp doesn’t think he’s good enough for the Premier league. I agree with him. A championship player at best. As for Birmingham, they were safe, nothing to play for after their recent good form. Lee Bowyer didn’t seem to concerned that they were beaten far too easily and was the one who would have learnt the most from yesterday’s game.
    Wilson - " a Championship player at best"!!!!!???

Come off it.

The word balderdash was specifically invented to describe things like the above. Twaddle is another apt description. Obviously posted by someone who doesn't know anything about football and wouldn't recognise a good player if he or she fell over him.

there's a big difference between good enough for Liverpool and good enough for the premier League

This bloke’s a wind up merchant, best ignore him.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    This bloke’s a wind up merchant, best ignore him.

Well if he did Birmingham might have a fine coming their way. Clubs are supposed to field their strongest eleven in every game.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    Well if he did Birmingham might have a fine coming their way. Clubs are supposed to field their strongest eleven in every game.
    Showing your age there, Cleve. Those days are very long gone.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Well I must have slept through the change.

If Wilson was all that good , he wouldn’t be playing down here, would he? Klopp knows what he’s doing , and knows he’s not good enough for Anfield on a regular basis. Strange that no other Premier League team was not interested in him either- not even the struggling teams at the bottom , fighting for their lives. What does that tell you ? I know what it tells me.

If Wilson was all that good , he wouldn’t be playing down here, would he? Klopp knows what he’s doing , and knows he’s not good enough for Anfield on a regular basis. Strange that no other Premier League team was not interested in him either- not even the struggling teams at the bottom , fighting for their lives. What does that tell you ? I know what it tells me.
    Well a team at the bottom wanted him but didnt meet the asking price.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...nsfer-19028146

What I find interesting is that his overall performance went up another gear yesterday as he knew that interested clubs may be watching and a good performance may get him a better club. He's been decent in large parts this season, but was brilliant yesterday

If I have unscrambled that sentence correctly, you are claiming that no Premier League teams were interested in Wilson? Not true.

It was widely reported at the end of the summer that Burnley had offered £12m rising to £16m; but Liverpool were holding out for £15m rising to £20m. Burnley wouldn't match that valuation and backed out. Press reports at the time suggested that other enquiries had been made from 'lower half' Premier League clubs. Liverpool preferred a sale, but ran out of time in the window and that left another loan to a Championship club as the only option. Good news for us!

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Man City solved that problem.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    If I have unscrambled that sentence correctly, you are claiming that no Premier League teams were interested in Wilson? Not true.

It was widely reported at the end of the summer that Burnley had offered £12m rising to £16m; but Liverpool were holding out for £15m rising to £20m. Burnley wouldn't match that valuation and backed out. Press reports at the time suggested that other enquiries had been made from 'lower half' Premier League clubs. Liverpool preferred a sale, but ran out of time in the window and that left another loan to a Championship club as the only option. Good news for us!
    7 goals in 32 appearances(4 as a sub). Looks to me as though they made the correct decision.

7 goals in 32 appearances(4 as a sub). Looks to me as though they made the correct decision.
    Wilson has played the equivalent of 30 games worth of minutes in the league this season and has 7 goals and 11 assists.
    that's a goal or assist every 152 minutes.
    which is a pretty good season.

I always thought that strikers were judged on goals scored, not the amount of goals they lay on.

I always thought that strikers were judged on goals scored, not the amount of goals they lay on.
    There is one other slight flaw in your argument (apart from the fact that it is balderdash). Wilson is not a striker, he is a winger or attacking midfielder. Have you ever seen him play ?

I too have never heard such twaddle as spouted by some of our own about Wilson. He is a fabulous player who will grace the PL regularly before too long. How depressing to witness a superb hat trick and then hear people blabbering on about the quality of Birmingham's side or why he didn't doing it every week.

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    Only if there is something riding on it.

Cardiff need to put out a decent team against Rotherham, otherwise Derby may complain that "its not fair".

derby.jpg

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    I too have never heard such twaddle as spouted by some of our own about Wilson. He is a fabulous player who will grace the PL regularly before too long. How depressing to witness a superb hat trick and then hear people blabbering on about the quality of Birmingham's side or why he didn't doing it every week.
    Great warm up for Wales in the Euros.

Both him and Bale grabbing hat-tricks.