+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Canelo Saunders

Canelo Saunders

Saunders unhappy with the size of the ring https://www.boxinginsider.com/headli...arez-showdown/

Saunders will be tricky but Canelo will win and I hope he paints him all over Texas

Re: Canelo Saunders

Saunders is a very talented boxer and I hope he wins.

This is a genuine fight worth watching compared to having to fork out for Chisora v Parker.

Cant see Saunders getting a decision in a close fight though and dont think he can dominate enough to win.

I expect him to put up a much better show than Callum Smith but think Canelo wins by UD.

Hope its fair scoring though.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Saunders is a very talented boxer and I hope he wins.

This is a genuine fight worth watching compared to having to fork out for Chisora v Parker.

Cant see Saunders getting a decision in a close fight though and dont think he can dominate enough to win.

I expect him to put up a much better show than Callum Smith but think Canelo wins by UD.

Hope its fair scoring though.
    I'm with you, I'm rooting for Saunders, I quite like him, he has said some really bad stuff, but there's something to about him I like. Eddie has been blowing smoke up canelo's arse and giving in to his demands. Saunders has real ability, he probably won't hurt canelo, although he will throw combinations and try to get in and out quickly. Canelo can have issues with movement. I can't see Saunders getting a decision if it goes the distance, not gonna happen. GGG was robbed in the first fight and the second was very close as well. Saunders has confidence, belief and natural ability, not many boxers go into a canelo fight thinking that they can win, Saunders will. Another issue is his conditioning between fights, Saunders regularly goes up to 200 lbs, not great.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Saunders unhappy with the size of the ring https://www.boxinginsider.com/headli...arez-showdown/

Saunders will be tricky but Canelo will win and I hope he paints him all over Texas
    Can't argue with that, never taken to Saunders, km fact he's an arrogant horrible man, from what I've seen of him.

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    Can't argue with that, never taken to Saunders, km fact he's an arrogant horrible man, from what I've seen of him.
    being horrible helps in the ring, keeps the mind on the job in hand

Saunders is a decent fighter but comes across a complete **** of a man with how he acts and things he has done in the past and hardly ever seems to learn from.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    being horrible helps in the ring, keeps the mind on the job in hand
    There's having an aggressive and nasty edge in the ring and then there's just generally being a massive **** in general. Don't think any amount of nastiness will stop Canelo knocking him out though

70,000 fans there as well behind Canelo plus Eddie Hearn.

Only Fury v Joshua will be a bigger fight than this over the next few years involving a British fighter.

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    There's having an aggressive and nasty edge in the ring and then there's just generally being a massive **** in general. Don't think any amount of nastiness will stop Canelo knocking him out though
    I do agree a lot of folk who know about the game think Canelo is the pound for pound best boxer in the world and has re styled himself since his only loss in 58 was against some chap called Mayweather .

He is clever boxing not like you all guns blazing Mexicans , and has a very distinctive hair colour for a Mexican as well .

Think the boxing world will be very shocked if Saunders gets anywhere near him, hence him pulling this ring size trick , didn't Fury do the same about the ring being the ring being too soft ?? Canelo will only see this as a weakness in his opponent

Saúl "Canelo" Álvarez Record :
    Total fights 58
    Wins 55
    Wins by KO 37
    Draws 2
    Losses 1
    World Champ in 4 weight classes

Watch this

https://evolve-mma.com/blog/breaking...yle-of-boxing/

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I do agree a lot of folk who know about the game think Canelo is the pound for pound best boxer in the world and has re styled himself since his only loss in 58 was against some chap called Mayweather .

He is clever boxing not like you all guns blazing Mexicans , and has a very distinctive hair colour for a Mexican as well .

Think the boxing world will be very shocked if Saunders gets anywhere near him, hence him pulling this ring size trick , didn't Fury do the same about the ring being the ring being too soft ?? Canelo will only see this as a weakness in his opponent

Saúl "Canelo" Álvarez Record :
    Total fights 58
    Wins 55
    Wins by KO 37
    Draws 2
    Losses 1
    World Champ in 4 weight classes

Watch this

https://evolve-mma.com/blog/breaking...yle-of-boxing/
    Canelo is pulling a stroke with the ring size. Saunders will walk if this shit carries on, he was promised things and now Canelo and his team are changing them. I'll say this, Saunders wont have any shit, Canelo may be underestimating him, He's a Gypsy and he wont be ****ed about.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Canelo is pulling a stroke with the ring size. Saunders will walk if this shit carries on, he was promised things and now Canelo and his team are changing them. I'll say this, Saunders wont have any shit, Canelo may be underestimating him, He's a Gypsy and he wont be ****ed about.
    He'll be the one losing out on the biggest night + purse of his life if he does

He'll be the one losing out on the biggest night + purse of his life if he does
    He wont, he's right though, Canelo is the A side, gets what he wants, Saunders wont be bullied, good for him. Even if saunders did pull out, he wouldn't give a shit.

He wont, he's right though, Canelo is the A side, gets what he wants, Saunders wont be bullied, good for him. Even if saunders did pull out, he wouldn't give a shit.
    If you genuinely believed you could win, you wouldn’t give a rats arse about the ring size, anyway, as Canelo is the one who is constantly gonna be coming forward, i don’t see what Saunders problem is?

Chris Eubank Jnr has put 10k on Canelo stopping Saunders. Gonna give the winnings to charity if he does.

That may well be true, Canelo definitely wouldn't give one though. And in the annals of boxing history Saunders would look like he bottled it, whether it's true that he did or not, "refused to fight the best pound for pound boxer in the world because the ring was too small" won't look good for his legacy

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    If you genuinely believed you could win, you wouldn’t give a rats arse about the ring size, anyway, as Canelo is the one who is constantly gonna be coming forward, i don’t see what Saunders problem is?
    The problem is that a smaller ring negates Saunders better movement and footwork, Canelo likes people to stand in front of him. I don't think that saunders will win, but he has a better chance if the ring is bigger.

That may well be true, Canelo definitely wouldn't give one though. And in the annals of boxing history Saunders would look like he bottled it, whether it's true that he did or not, "refused to fight the best pound for pound boxer in the world because the ring was too small" won't look good for his legacy
    And in my opinion, he wont give a shit.

And in my opinion, he wont give a shit.
    He will when I call him a coward on Twitter

He will when I call him a coward on Twitter
    Fair Point.

If he walks away from the biggest pay day and looking like he bottled it into the bargain.

I'm sure he'd give at least some of a shit.

His gypsy boy front might tell you that he doesn't but he will.

I think the fight will still go ahead. As somebody has already pointed out Fury did this against Klitschko saying the ring was too spongy and John Fury walking around telling anybody in ear shot it was off.
    That fight went ahead and so will this one.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    If he walks away from the biggest pay day and looking like he bottled it into the bargain.

I'm sure he'd give at least some of a shit.

His gypsy boy front might tell you that he doesn't but he will.

I think the fight will still go ahead. As somebody has already pointed out Fury did this against Klitschko saying the ring was too spongy and John Fury walking around telling anybody in ear shot it was off.
    That fight went ahead and so will this one.
    I don't think that he'd care, he's on a different level. Anyway, the fight is going to happen, Saunders has agreed the ring size, he's pissed a few people about etc,he's probably happy. It aint going to happen,but i'd love it if he schooled Canelo.

I don't think that he'd care, he's on a different level. Anyway, the fight is going to happen, Saunders has agreed the ring size, he's pissed a few people about etc,he's probably happy. It aint going to happen,but i'd love it if he schooled Canelo.
    Saunders' father, in an interview, said they could have asked for a 26 ft ring (the largest is in fact 24 ft). He went on to say... "it's wrong". However, when asked what was agreed in the contract, he replied.. "I'm not sure".
    20 ft rings are the standard size; I don't think Billy Joe Saunders has ever fought inside a 22 ft ring in his professional career.

I'm not sure what you mean by another level. Most fighters outside the heavyweight division would be gutted a fight against the main fighter in town and highest pay day was off. Some argue he brings in more for opponents than fighting the top heavyweights.

If by another level you mean stopping your car with your mates and offering somebody drugs, asking her to perform a sex act on his mate and then offering money to punch a random bloke walking by then yeah he is pretty much way and above most boxers.

I'm not sure what you mean by another level. Most fighters outside the heavyweight division would be gutted a fight against the main fighter in town and highest pay day was off. Some argue he brings in more for opponents than fighting the top heavyweights.

If by another level you mean stopping your car with your mates and offering somebody drugs, asking her to perform a sex act on his mate and then offering money to punch a random bloke walking by then yeah he is pretty much way and above most boxers.
    Hes like Mother Teresa compared to Mike Tyson.

It's just games with Saunders, he's going to try every trick in order to unsettle canelo. I very much doubt it'll work, but it's worth a try I suppose. What I mean by another level, is that he's bonkers, off the scale, I don't think that he can even read or write. His community have been shit on for hundreds of years, he's a massive idiot, but I can understand the defensive behaviour to an extent. We have two gypsies as world champions, one was undisputed (Fury) if they weren't of gypsy heritage, then I reckon that a lot more people would think differently of them