+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Canelo Saunders

Re: Canelo Saunders

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    It's just games with Saunders, he's going to try every trick in order to unsettle canelo. I very much doubt it'll work, but it's worth a try I suppose. What I mean by another level, is that he's bonkers, off the scale, I don't think that he can even read or write. His community have been shit on for hundreds of years, he's a massive idiot, but I can understand the defensive behaviour to an extent. We have two gypsies as world champions, one was undisputed (Fury) if they weren't of gypsy heritage, then I reckon that a lot more people would think differently of them
    I think Saunders is a bit of a dickhead gypsy or not.

There is a video out there now of him disrespecting a Mexican reporter who is interviewing him. He needs to grow up a bit. Nothing to do with his background.

Being a complete arse is not being bonkers and off the scale. It is like he has never grown up. Maybe if he takes a pasting from Canelo it might force him to.
    People view others in different ways. You think he is bonkers off the scale. Others think he is an arse. Each to their own.

For the first time in a very long time I want a British fighter to get beaten by a foreign fighter.

I honestly can't remember when that was the case before, if ever.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post

There is a video out there now of him disrespecting a Mexican reporter who is interviewing him. He needs to grow up a bit. Nothing to do with his background.

Being a complete arse is not being bonkers and off the scale. It is like he has never grown up. Maybe if he takes a pasting from Canelo it might force him to.
    People view others in different ways. You think he is bonkers off the scale. Others think he is an arse. Each to their own.
    I agree with everything you say about him. There's a massive lack of maturity about him. When he tries to be humouress he fails, he's simply not funny.

As you say, I don't care whether he's a gypsy or not, it isn't the issue - he's just so disrespectful.

I can't bring myself to want him to lose, I've always backed British fighters, particularly when they're fighting abroad as underdogs.
    However, I think I'm going to only be mildly disappointed if he gets beaten.

https://www-thesun-co-uk.cdn.ampproj...e-drug-test%2F

Billy seems up for this I reckon hes going to give this a right go unlike Callum Smith.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    https://www-thesun-co-uk.cdn.ampproj...e-drug-test%2F

Billy seems up for this I reckon hes going to give this a right go unlike Callum Smith.
    He should be up for it. It is easily the biggest fight he will have in his career.

Not sure he has got into Canelo's head as some are suggesting though. He has had 58 fights prior to this. Beaten only by arguably the best there has ever been. I'm not sure BJS having a whinge about ring side and commenting on beef while ignoring his own nasal spray issues will shake Canelo too much.

Billy just strikes me of the type of person who would be a complete arsehole whether he was a boxer, bricklayer or unemployed lad down the pub.
    I am a very take as I find kind of bloke or like to think so. BJS has done nothing to me to suggest he isn't a prize prick and proves it time and again.

I dont think hes got into Canelos head either.

Still hoping he can pull off a shock win though.

Saunders is an arsehole, that's a given, some of the things that he has said are disgraceful. I'd wager that there's something not quite right with him, it's like he's got ADHD or Tourettes. He's been fined the best part of 230 grand and he still can't shut it.

I want him to win purely for boxing reasons, Canelo has been done for Juicing as well, and he got off lightly. Canelo is brilliant, but because boxing is pure business, he gets what he wants, he's the biggest PPV draw and money talks, so the commissions, Promoters, TV companies and his opponents have to give in to his demands, like catch weights, rehydration clauses etc. It's his tune or nothing. Golovkin beat him in the first fight and the second was very close. Lara gave Canelo problems and lost, and Floyd only won on a split decision, watch that fight back, Floyd won 9 rounds and the others were close.

So, i'm backing Saunders, not because i endorse what he says, but because if he won, it would cause a meltdown in Boxing. Saunders wont win, even if it's close, he'll have to level Canelo, which isn't going to happen.

It's a shame they can't both lose.

So Canelo did what he said he was gonna do.
    Seemed to be biding his time in order to do it.
    He predicted rounds 8&9, and came on really strong. Saunders eye injury looks bad.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    He predicted rounds 8&9, and came on really strong. Saunders eye injury looks bad.
    Broken orbital bone being reported. Think that’s the same as Kell Brook had, longtime out or retirement

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Shame about the eye injury. I thought Saunders boxed well (I only saw extended highlights). THAT punch that did his eye didn't really rock Saunders, he wasn't leggy after it and looked comfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    Shame about the eye injury. I thought Saunders boxed well (I only saw extended highlights). THAT punch that did his eye didn't really rock Saunders, he wasn't leggy after it and looked comfortable.
    Saunders put up a better fight than Smith, but Canelo always looked as though he could step it up at anytime, and did.

For the first time in a very long time I want a British fighter to get beaten by a foreign fighter.

I honestly can't remember when that was the case before, if ever.

And the dream comes true, along with a bust eye socket an injury he may not come back from ?

Canelo is a real class boxing act,seen a few Brits off now severn I hink

Canelo knew hed done the damage as soon as the punch landed.

Saunders put up a good performance and was trying to win not just survive.

Lack of power was a big problem. Some nice boxing but just didnt have the power to trouble him.

Canelos punches were spiteful and even if he didnt inflict the eye injury those body shots were going to add up and im sure Canelo would have been a clear winner.

I find it quite funny that he quit after the stick he gave Dubois.

https://youtu.be/fB9c3MEhhug

I thought the ring size was standard? ie. there is a legal size that it has to comply with.

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    I thought the ring size was standard? ie. there is a legal size that it has to comply with.
    No its not standard. Think minimum is 16ft and max 24. Something like that. Last nights was 22ft and the commentators said it was the largest BJS had boxed in.

I find it quite funny that he quit after the stick he gave Dubois.

https://youtu.be/fB9c3MEhhug
    All the fight went from him when that punch landed. Canelo raised his arms as well as he knew the damage that had been done. Both knew there was a serious injury.

If I rember Dubois eye injury was more a sustained pounding with the jab from Joyce.

Boxers really should think twice about commenting on quitting.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    All the fight went from him when that punch landed. Canelo raised his arms as well as he knew the damage that had been done. Both knew there was a serious injury.

If I rember Dubois eye injury was more a sustained pounding with the jab from Joyce.

Boxers really should think twice about commenting on quitting.
    We all love a blood and guts fight but when all is said and done it could mean losing their sight or whatever.

It isn't much of a trade off. Not when he is going to lose anyway on the cards.

It will be interesting to see if he comes back.

Kell Brook was never the same after a similar injury and it happened again in fights after the initial injury.

I had Saunders up at the time of the stoppage, predictably the judges had Canelo up.

Fair play to Alvarez though, a very special boxer.
    Seems like a low key good guy too.

Canelo was up 78-74 on 2 cards and 77-75 on the other.

I didn't realise this was going to be a superspreader event. Enjoy your summer hillbillies.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I didn't realise this was going to be a superspreader event. Enjoy your summer hillbillies.
    I know, incredible scenes. 77,000 people sat shoulder to shoulder in an indoor arena. I don't think masks were mandatory either.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I know, incredible scenes. 77,000 people sat shoulder to shoulder in an indoor arena. I don't think masks were mandatory either.
    It was incredible to see but there has to be a way out of this pandemic. The vaccine is doing its job. I get why people are cautious and when I saw it was 77,000 I was shocked, but more cautious steps towards normality are needed for sure.