+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: So on my way home from work today

Re: So on my way home from work today

I probably would have given him £20. But there's nothing wrong with £10. Some people wouldn't give a penny. You did the right thing. I'd put it out of my mind if I were you.

Re: So on my way home from work today

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    On Reflection, i should have maybe given him £20. I liked the idea of mentioning it to his school, but i don’t
    know the lad and can’t recall seeing him or his gran before.
    Yrs ago when i was in my 20’s, i was working on the Toys R Us building leading up to Christmas.
    I went to a phone box on the Hayes and there was a woman using it. After she finished and left, i went in and noticed she’d left her purse on the shelf. It was loaded with cash.
    I saw her walking up toward the snack bar, so ran after her and gave it back to her.
    She was so elated. She said it was all her Christmas money for her family and was trying to hand me some cash as a reward
    I politely refused and went on my way.
    Felt so good about being honest..
    I remember walking into my bank in the 70's and taking out 100 pounds only to find the teller in fact had given me 110.Two things I remember about that incident,the look on his face when I went back in to tell him and the last line of your post sums up the other.