+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: goal of the season

goal of the season

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news...fc-goal-season

some good ones in there.

Wilson's scored 7 goals and 5 of them are in the top 10 goals of the season.

Re: goal of the season

I really like Wilsons first the other day. Up there with both of Vaulks'.

I was waiting for Vaulks Messi-esque dink against Blackburn but that must've been last season.

I look forward to seeing 5 from Jonny Williams on this list next season

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news...fc-goal-season

some good ones in there.

Wilson's scored 7 goals and 5 of them are in the top 10 goals of the season.
    Anything in there from Vassell?

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    Anything in there from Vassell?
    have a look

Most of those are decent strikes from just outside the penalty area, but I reckon that Kieffer Moore's goal is one of the best. There is no way you expect him to score when he picks up the ball on the right-hand touchline.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    I really like Wilsons first the other day. Up there with both of Vaulks'.

I was waiting for Vaulks Messi-esque dink against Blackburn but that must've been last season.
    It was - Wilson’s first goal on Saturday was brilliant, but, barring something amazing from someone against Rotherham, I’d say Vaulks has scored our best goal in 19/20 and 20/21.

1. Harry Wilson vs Birmingham
    2. Kieffer Moore vs Wycombe
    3. Will Vaulks vs Brentford

1. Vaulks
    2. Wilson
    3. Wilson
    4. Wilson

1. Harry Wilson vs. Birmingham City (1st goal)
    2. Kieffer Moore vs. Wycombe Wanderers
    3. Will Vaulks vs. Derby County (give me FB pressing high and winning ball back in 90th minute in a game we won rather than nothing special build up and game we performed so limply in).

Vaulks by a country mile

So if you could have scored any one of these goals, you wouldn't pick Vaulks against Brentford?

The rest would look out of place in a goal of the season award. I get goals are different chips, skills, good teams moves, dribbling etc but there is nothing particularly special about any of the others

Quote Originally Posted by mazadona10 View Post
    So if you could have scored any one of these goals, you wouldn't pick Vaulks against Brentford?

The rest would look out of place in a goal of the season award. I get goals are different chips, skills, good teams moves, dribbling etc but there is nothing particularly special about any of the others
    So you think that theres ‘nothing particularly special’ about a volleyed goal curled just inside the far post, with the outside of a left foot around the goalies despairing dive, from about 30 yards out on the angle then (Wilson v Birmingham). All I can say is that you must have been brought up watching an altogether different level of football to me and most of the rest of us mere mortals. Perhaps you should have a try at doing it, to see how easy (or not) it is.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    So you think that theres ‘nothing particularly special’ about a volleyed goal curled just inside the far post, with the outside of a left foot around the goalies despairing dive, from about 30 yards out on the angle then (Wilson v Birmingham). All I can say is that you must have been brought up watching an altogether different level of football to me and most of the rest of us mere mortals. Perhaps you should have a try at doing it, to see how easy (or not) it is.
    That goal sounds outstanding, however at least 2 of those factors didn't happen. It was a good goal but one I'd fancy replicating on my right side if had a few goes at it.

For a change of scenery, Jason Fowler v Brentford 98/99, it floated in.

That goal sounds outstanding, however at least 2 of those factors didn't happen. It was a good goal but one I'd fancy replicating on my right side if had a few goes at it.
    I don't know what you are on but I think we could all do with some after being locked down for 4 months.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    I don't know what you are on but I think we could all do with some after being locked down for 4 months.
    It was neither a volley or the keeper didn't dive for it, as he was about 15 yards out of position

It was neither a volley or the keeper didn't dive for it, as he was about 15 yards out of position
    In fairness, Vaulks's 70 yarder wasn't a volley and the keeper didn't dive for it as he as out of position.

Is a curled effort from 25 yards technically better than a 70 yard whack? I don't think so. What else is there to think of? Invention. Wilson knew the keeper was miles away. So did Vaulks. Having the audacity to try from inside your own half is more inventive to me than from just outside the box. I'd also suggest that Wilson had more time to decide what to do than Vaulks did.

Both are fantastic goals. In 10 years time we'll still talk about Vaulks's effort, as we still talk about Hudson's similar strike. Will we talk about Wilson's? I doubt it. Fine margins.

I think I like the other Vaulks goal the best, the one vs Derby. A lot less margin for error.

2nd Wilson's vs Birmingham

3rd one of the other Wilson ones probably, they're all class.

I'm a little bit over hoofs from your own half on this kind of list. Give me a ball on halfway and an empty net and I could probably hoof it in a few times out of ten tries.

Any of the other goals I'm not scoring in a million years.

10 very good goals from a long ball side that can’t play.
    Moore for me

When was the last time a choice like that was scored by a City side?

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    1. Harry Wilson vs Birmingham
    2. Kieffer Moore vs Wycombe
    3. Will Vaulks vs Brentford

That would be my top 3 too.