Thread: FT: CARDIFF CITY 1 - 1 ROTHERHAM UTD. Rotherham relegated

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: FT: CARDIFF CITY 1 - 1 ROTHERHAM UTD. Rotherham relegated

That's quite a statement subbing off Murphy

Quote Originally Posted by PhyllisStant View Post
    That's quite a statement subbing off Murphy
    So you didn't see who came on to a standing ovation with tears in his eyes then (Bamba) or notice the fact that there was only 10 seconds to go and the referee deliberately allowed play to go on and the sub to be made in his honour. Really ? Too busy trying to discredit anything Murphy does I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    So you didn't see who came on to a standing ovation with tears in his eyes then (Bamba) or notice the fact that there was only 10 seconds to go and the referee deliberately allowed play to go on and the sub to be made in his honour. Really ? Too busy trying to discredit anything Murphy does I suppose.
    Unsure how Sol coming on has anything to do with Murphy being sh!te or my decision to comment on it. For the record it was an epic gesture from all concerned when he came on - particularly the Rotherham team and staff who were aware they were relegated but still took time to stand and applaud.

Get a life getting all faux offended over nothing on a message board.

Quote Originally Posted by PhyllisStant View Post
    Unsure how Sol coming on has anything to do with Murphy being sh!te or my decision to comment on it. For the record it was an epic gesture from all concerned when he came on - particularly the Rotherham team and staff who were aware they were relegated but still took time to stand and applaud.

Get a life getting all faux offended over nothing on a message board.
    You obviously didn't read your own post then before posting it. How is it a snub to any player who gets taken off so that a club legend can have 10 seconds on the pitch in the last game of the season ? Not the only person to mention it either.

You obviously didn't read your own post then before posting it. How is it a snub to any player who gets taken off so that a club legend can have 10 seconds on the pitch in the last game of the season ? Not the only person to mention it either.
    It's a snub because he was sub that was subbed. Not sure if you watch a lot of football but that's generally not a great thing to happen. Mick was in his ear all game and was clearly unimpressed they didn't just pick a player at random to take off.

Maybe you and the other poster should form a counselling support group to nurse each other through the deeply upsetting offence I've caused you.

To bring off a player that came on as a sub for the last 10 seconds of a meaningless game is a massive snub. He could have brought anyone off. The right thing to do would have been to bring off the captain and give Sol the armband.