+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Senedd election prediction

Re: Senedd election prediction

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I agree that the issue of Covid has helped Drakeford to a certain Degree, but it can work against a politician if they get enough wrong or if like some people think, he has no charisma etc. Drakeford has obviously got more right than wrong for most of the electorate.

Do agree, eyes will be on him now post Covid recovery as some areas of our country were failing pre Covid , great chance for his party to avoid becoming another North East England .

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Just listening to Radio Wales, seems Leanne Wood is/was a very sore loser, according to the other candidates
    Much prefer Adam Price , Wales does appear not to have an appetite for Independence like Scotland ,w hich probably pleases both Tories and Labour me thinks 🤔

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    is this because you voted plaid
    No. It’s because I’m fed up of the likes of you and your generation, you care more about the Conservatives than you do the people of Wales. We’ve had a lifetime of mediocrity and we’re falling behind. Regardless of who I want to govern, the current system is failing us. 5 more years of a Labour held Senydd and Tory Whitehall just means more of the same but hey ho the tories didn’t gain seats so all is good.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Refusing to lockdown in the autumn, refusing to lockdown over Christmas, going on holiday during February 2020, not attending the first five Cobra meetings on Covid, ignoring scientific advice on shaking hands, attending rugby internationals at packed stadiums, messing up school returns, messing up track and trace, messing up exam results, messing up free meals for children ........
    give me time, you caught me on the hop with that question.
    One thing Boris did get right was the gamble to thrust millions of tax payers money Into vaccine research, production and deployment, probably best in the world .

I clearly remember some doubting his decision including Sir Kier , as at the time there was no guarantee of success and there were calls to join the European model , glad he never 👍

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Much prefer Adam Price , Wales does appear not to have an appetite for Independence like Scotland ,w hich probably pleases both Tories and Labour me thinks ��
    At the moment Tory policies/behaviour of Westminster push Scotland towards independence which in turn pushes England towards Tories. Tories flipping love growing independence voice.

Mark Reckless and Neil Hamilton out of the Senedd!!

Two seats for Plaid Cymu and two seats for the Conservatives in South Wales East.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Mark Reckless and Neil Hamilton out of the Senedd!!

Two seats for Plaid Cymu and two seats for the Conservatives in South Wales East.
    Great news, good for Plaid to pick up a gain seat after the disappointing showing yesterday

When I think of Boris and his great achievements I remember after spending years saying that we need to get control of our borders, a pandemic came around and he left the borders open with Europe and the rest of the world ending up with 1000’s of needless deaths, disastrous economic damage and a huge amount of national debt. Inspirational.

2 trillion of debt but Wales is too poor to make its own decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Parry View Post
    No. It’s because I’m fed up of the likes of you and your generation, you care more about the Conservatives than you do the people of Wales. We’ve had a lifetime of mediocrity and we’re falling behind. Regardless of who I want to govern, the current system is failing us. 5 more years of a Labour held Senydd and Tory Whitehall just means more of the same but hey ho the tories didn’t gain seats so all is good.
    Sore loser

Wales does not want plaid cymru

More people voted tory ff sake

South Wales Central result – as expected, two for the Conservatives, two for Plaid Cymru.

That’s Andrew RT Davies (Welsh Conservative), Rhys ap Owen (Plaid), Joel Stephen James (Welsh Conservative) and Heledd Fychan (Plaid Cymru).

https://nation.cymru/news/live-blog-...nedd-election/
    Labour – 30 (+1)
    Plaid Cymru – 13 (+1)
    Conservatives – 16 (+5)
    Lib Dems – 1 (-)
    UKIP – 0 (-7)

On the face of it there doesn't seem to be any complete jokers in the Senedd. A couple of difficult years coming up now but each party could do a lot of good work (what's best for Wales from a Liberal, Tory, Plaid, Labour perspective rather than how do we pick up seats in Westminster) and we could have a really competitive race in 2026.

Quote Originally Posted by Wozza16 View Post
    Interesting point on BBC Wales last night that covid ended up really damaging Plaid, they had planned for a presidential style election campaign pitting Price against an unknown Drakeford but the immense media exposure Drakeford had doing daily press conferences helped labour massively. Also, because of the covid restrictions they lost months of potential canvassing and door knocking which is key to them as they don’t have the financial donors that labour and Tories do.

Plaid need 3-4 regional seats today to limit the damage but I can’t see more than 3 to be honest
    Richard wyn Jones was ranting that Plaid aren't professional enough and he's right, they don't use data in the manner the other parties do, they allow petty squabbles to escalate and play favourites with candidates. Helen Mary Jones was a massive liability in a winnable seat in Llanelli but they stood with her for no apparent reason, they also threw the Cardiff North branch under the bus to try and protect Leanne Wood

It wasn't a disastrous night for Plaid but it was very poor and should serve as a wake up call. They've increased the vote share in a lot of places but been abysmal in their target seats. Aberconwy and Llanelli in particular were shocking whilst the swing in Rhondda was dreadful

One thing Boris did get right was the gamble to thrust millions of tax payers money Into vaccine research, production and deployment, probably best in the world .

I clearly remember some doubting his decision including Sir Kier , as at the time there was no guarantee of success and there were calls to join the European model , glad he never 👍
    Ah yes, the consolation goal - I did say it was like scoring when you were 20-0 down in the last few minutes, but that was unfair, credit to the PM and his party on the vaccine, so I’d say now that was like scoring a consolation goal when you’re losing 3-0.

He and the Westminster government did Wales no favours in the first few critical weeks of either the pandemic as regards PPE etc or with the first few critical weeks of the vaccine rollout as regards to supplies - we have the best vaccines rates in the UK despite Westminster not because of it

Sore loser

Wales does not want plaid cymru

More people voted tory ff sake
    This is probably as much to do with people not understanding the voting system.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    He and the Westminster government did Wales no favours in the first few critical weeks of either the pandemic as regards PPE etc or with the first few critical weeks of the vaccine rollout as regards to supplies - we have the best vaccines rates in the UK despite Westminster not because of it
    And when it comes to the economy, NHS and education we are 4th in the UK on every count. Not because of Westminster but an underachieving Welsh labour government

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    And when it comes to the economy, NHS and education we are 4th in the UK on every count. Not because of Westminster but an underachieving Welsh labour government
    Well to be fair , much of it is

Wales is given a poor deal money wise from Westminster to deal with the NHS etc

If you are trying to build a house that is going to cost 200 grand but are only given 100 grand to do it what sort of quality house do you think you would come up with ?

I think its a fair chance it wouldn't be up to standard wouldn't it ?

Any links to back that up?

Certainly aren't 4th on the NHS - far from it and as far as the economy is concerned how can you use that for comparison when we don't have full control of our financial affairs?

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Richard wyn Jones was ranting that Plaid aren't professional enough and he's right, they don't use data in the manner the other parties do, they allow petty squabbles to escalate and play favourites with candidates. Helen Mary Jones was a massive liability in a winnable seat in Llanelli but they stood with her for no apparent reason, they also threw the Cardiff North branch under the bus to try and protect Leanne Wood

It wasn't a disastrous night for Plaid but it was very poor and should serve as a wake up call. They've increased the vote share in a lot of places but been abysmal in their target seats. Aberconwy and Llanelli in particular were shocking whilst the swing in Rhondda was dreadful
    You talk about individuals but I would suggest that the vast, vast majority of people look at the overall party and leader only.

Hefin David won Caerphilly for Labour. I don’t know a single person that knows what he’s for or against, or what he’s done

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    You talk about individuals but I would suggest that the vast, vast majority of people look at the overall party and leader only.

Hefin David won Caerphilly for Labour. I don’t know a single person that knows what he’s for or against, or what he’s done
    I think that's right

Well to be fair , much of it is

Wales is given a poor deal money wise from Westminster to deal with the NHS etc

If you are trying to build a house that is going to cost 200 grand but are only given 100 grand to do it what sort of quality house do you think you would come up with ?

I think its a fair chance it wouldn't be up to standard wouldn't it ?
    I don't know where the 200 grand comes from. Last year we spent in Wales about 8 billion on the NHS. That's around £2,500 per adult.

Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post
    I don't know where the 200 grand comes from. Last year we spent in Wales about 8 billion on the NHS. That's around £2,500 per adult.
    Should say £2500 per PERSON

Should say £2500 per PERSON
    I was trying to make it simple for you

I grasped it

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post

The two I mentioned are known, Llanelli is a marginal, HMJ has held it before and has had a number of controversies that have received national attention, her vote share went down 8%. Leanne Wood also has a high profile.

I agree with you in general though, it was more of a point on Plaid's shoddy management