+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Senedd election prediction

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Senedd election prediction

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    You're kidding right? Even if Plaid falter at this election the state of Welsh independence is completely different to 2016. Up to the high 20s/low 30s in the polls, not dismissed as a fringe issue, movements gaining members. All this without really any kind of campaign for independence

The wider picture is that Labour have taken Wales for granted, its their own fault if they somehow manage to throw away their total dominance of South Wales
    no I am deadly serious

Plaid are the independence party and since 2016 it looks likely that they haven't gained any support at all , despite having a good leader

And they are going to gain less seats than the tory party

If you think that shows a growing movement for Welsh independence then I think you are dreaming

Movements gaining members ? Polls ?

Its all about what people vote for and more people will vote tory than the party of Wales

All they can ever hope for is coalition government and if Labour get a decent leader for next time they can forget about that too

I would prefer Labour to go into coalition with the liberals but they are dead in the water

Re: Senedd election prediction

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    no I am deadly serious

Plaid are the independence party and since 2016 it looks likely that they haven't gained any support at all , despite having a good leader

And they are going to gain less seats than the tory party

If you think that shows a growing movement for Welsh independence then I think you are dreaming

Movements gaining members ? Polls ?

Its all about what people vote for and more people will vote tory than the party of Wales

All they can ever hope for is coalition government and if Labour get a decent leader for next time they can forget about that too

I would prefer Labour to go into coalition with the liberals but they are dead in the water
    If you choose to ignore everything else that's happened over the past few years and only focus on an election that's being held under exceptional circumstances then I don't know what to say

Also, what are you basing Plaid not getting any support on? The election's not happened yet and its pretty inconsistent to use polls to say that whilst saying its deluded to use polls as a yardstick for growth in pro-independence feeling