+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Senedd election prediction

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Senedd election prediction

Just driven into Treorchy listening to Radio Wales where they’re saying it looks like Plaid are going to lose Rhondda and there was a former AM from that party saying that they may not be going to do as well as hoped - one opinion expressed was that Labour general election voters who vote for Plaid in Assembly elections are backing Labour this time to try and keep the Torys out.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Just driven into Treorchy listening to Radio Wales where they’re saying it looks like Plaid are going to lose Rhondda and there was a former AM from that party saying that they may not be going to do as well as hoped - one opinion expressed was that Labour general election voters who vote for Plaid in Assembly elections are backing Labour this time to try and keep the Torys out.
    It would be a huge shame to lose Leanne Wood

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Agreed.
    Decent person with the wrong party. But that's what she believes in so good luck to her. I dot hope Labour takes it back though.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Seriously? Plaid need to do better, but Leanne Wood wasn't the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    Seriously? Plaid need to do better, but Leanne Wood wasn't the answer.
    The answer IS probably someone at the head of the party from the Valleys who seems credible.

As the only real left-wing alternative in Wales, Plaid have to do something to make up some ground in South East Wales.

I think a lot of people vote Labour just because they can't stand the Tories. I voted Plaid in West Carmarthen and part of me thinks it might have been wiser to vote labour , considering the margins.