+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Have you ever wanted City to lose a game?

Have you ever wanted City to lose a game?

I can’t think of a time when I have, but I won’t be too bothered if Rotherham beat us if it means Derby go down. It’s a bit like that controversial game with Orient all those years ago, when, having secured our safety on the Monday, we didn’t exactly bust a gut against opponents who needed to win to survive and send Blackpool down.We were dreadful that night, but it didn’t bother me too much because Blackpool were usually a strong team normally and we always lost up there at that time.

Re: Have you ever wanted City to lose a game?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I can’t think of a time when I have, but I won’t be too bothered if Rotherham beat us if it means Derby go down. It’s a bit like that controversial game with Orient all those years ago, when, having secured our safety on the Monday, we didn’t exactly bust a gut against opponents who needed to win to survive and send Blackpool down.We were dreadful that night, but it didn’t bother me too much because Blackpool were usually a strong team normally and we always lost up there at that time.
    I don't think Big Mick has the same mind set as you Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    I don't think Big Mick has the same mind set as you Paul.
    You’re definitely (note spelling) right!

More a case of give some of the young lads a run out and see what happens. I never want to see City lose but, Derby being relegated....a dish served cold (cold enough for it to snow?🙂)

I don't think anyone wanted to lose but when it became apparent that Hull were going to beat us to send Leeds down I don't think many were complaining.

Only when I've bet on City to lose

Learnt my lesson. Never ever bet on your own team, win lose or draw

A City win Saturday for me, as always and finish the season on a high.
    If Derby win they stay up so i don't think it matters about our result anyway. I'd much prefer Sheff Wed to beat them though and stay up on goal difference sending Derby down. Wednesday have had a bit of fight in them.
    Not too bothered about Rotherham, they deserve to go down anyway. With all those games in hand they still couldn't get any results, so fek em.

You’re definitely (note spelling) right!
    Prick with a capital P

As I said in a previous thread, I don't even like us losing friendlies, so yes I will be bothered if we lose to Rotherham. I may not feel as crestfallen as I used to in my younger days following a defeat but I still get great pleasure from us winning any game. In an ideal world I would like to see Derby relegated but let the other teams make that happen. Just leave us out of it !

Yes 12:30 Saturday .

On many levels Derby have got away with murder over the last few years via financial matters , to that ridiculous snow affair ,it was so blatant .

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    I don't think anyone wanted to lose but when it became apparent that Hull were going to beat us to send Leeds down I don't think many were complaining.
    Yes, there were definitely Cardiff fans celebrating Leeds relegation inside Ninian Park that afternoon.

The three of them are on a terrible run really.

I'd like us to try to do our best to win the game, which I'm sure we will set up to do, not because I have any fondness of derby but if the shoe was on the other foot I'd want them to be professional.

If rotherham then beat us they will have earnt their chance (obviously dependent on other result).

Vaulks isn't playing but I wonder how people like Moore feel having played for Rotherham.

Also whether Paterson or Harris will have been in contact with any mates.

I'm going for 2 bore draws.

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    Prick with a capital P
    Not sure what you mean there, did you watch Line of Duty? That's what the"note spelling" reference was about.

Never ever want us to lose, but I have bet against us.

Not really but I wasn’t too bothered when Watford scored a last minute goal a few weeks ago to win, I bet a few Tv remotes hit the wall in jackland that day.....

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Not really but I wasn’t too bothered when Watford scored a last minute goal a few weeks ago to win, I bet a few Tv remotes hit the wall in jackland that day.....
    If we'd drawn against Watford and beaten Stoke (21st in the league over most recent 10 games) then we'd be on 58 points before the Swansea game and just 3 points off play-offs. If we still beat Swansea we'd be on 61 points and just 1 point outside play-offs going into international window.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Only when I've bet on City to lose

Learnt my lesson. Never ever bet on your own team, win lose or draw
    I don't know I think it softens the blow of a loss especially if its an important game. I'll back the opposition plenty of time I think as fans we are in a background where can understand if are going to come unstuck

This.

Leeds going down was brilliant.

I want Derby relegated but want us to win.

Ideally Sheff beat Derby and we win.

However with nothing on it for us my ideal weekend is Derby relegated.

[QUOTE=the other bob wilson;5189629] Not sure what you mean there, did you watch Line of Duty? That's what the"note spelling" reference was about.
    I don’t watch line of duty I thought you were being a bit of a delmbox on the grammar front. So my apologies to you.

Never, but I would be quite pleased if Derby went down purely for them calling the game off with us after a light dusting of 'snow'.

That would be fitting.

[QUOTE=Whisperer;5189652]
    Not sure what you mean there, did you watch Line of Duty? That's what the"note spelling" reference was about.
    I don’t watch line of duty I thought you were being a bit of a delmbox on the grammar front. So my apologies to you.

If we'd drawn against Watford and beaten Stoke (21st in the league over most recent 10 games) then we'd be on 58 points before the Swansea game and just 3 points off play-offs. If we still beat Swansea we'd be on 61 points and just 1 point outside play-offs going into international window.
    Us in the playoffs....wonderful stuff. You like pain?

I would rather City win, and we play a fluid attacking game, with Colwill, Sang and Harris getting amongst the goals.
    However if we lose and Derby go down, I won't be too disappointed.

I don't think they will though.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I would rather City win, and we play a fluid attacking game, with Colwill, Sang and Harris getting amongst the goals.
    However if we lose and Derby go down, I won't be too disappointed.

I don't think they will though.
    Sang is out injured.

Rotherham had their chance against Luton and blew it. I want us to win and do it in a way that boosts the feel good for next season - so yes, Colwill, Harris, Moore and a random u23 sub to score. Wednesday to beat Derby and send them down would be a bonus. At least one of my favourite Championship managers would survive, even if Ainsworth and Warne are down.

Can't see it though. Snow dodgers to survive.

Only once in the 1994 Welsh cup final. Being Barry born and bred I found myself hoping Barry Town would hang on when they went 2-1 up which they did. Strange feeling though and the one and only time.