+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Have you ever wanted City to lose a game?

Re: Have you ever wanted City to lose a game?

I didn't really want Cardiff to stay up after the rebrand but I was conflicted to say the least. I didn't actively want Cardiff to lose but I wasn't disappointed when they lost. Only as I thought the longer they stay up, the less likely a return to blue would be.

I was not exactly heartbroken when we sent Leeds down losing to Hull. In fact, I remember Alexander was out and there was a poll on who we wanted in net, and Thommo won

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I can’t think of a time when I have, but I won’t be too bothered if Rotherham beat us if it means Derby go down. It’s a bit like that controversial game with Orient all those years ago, when, having secured our safety on the Monday, we didn’t exactly bust a gut against opponents who needed to win to survive and send Blackpool down.We were dreadful that night, but it didn’t bother me too much because Blackpool were usually a strong team normally and we always lost up there at that time.

What no-one would have believed that night in 1978 was that it would take Blackpool 29 years to get back to the second tier. They did get their revenge in 2010 though !

Quote Originally Posted by BINGE THINKING View Post
    What no-one would have believed that night in 1978 was that it would take Blackpool 29 years to get back to the second tier. They did get their revenge in 2010 though !
    Yeah, I can remember thinking that they’d come straight back up, but, if I remember rightly, Blackpool suffered another relegation to Division 4 quite soon afterwards.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    Prick with a capital P
    What's that about FFS?

Edit: Just saw the response!!!

I'm sure I can remember some posters on here wanting us to lose so that Dave Jones got sacked, when he had a bad spell and was under some pressure at one point.

I never want us to lose. But if we lost and Derby lost, I'd be OK with it.

If there is a God surely Derby will be relegated?!

When I saw the title of this thread I immediately thought of that Orient game. We were so dreadful I didn’t want us to equalise.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I would rather City win, and we play a fluid attacking game, with Colwill, Sang and Harris getting amongst the goals.
    However if we lose and Derby go down, I won't be too disappointed.

I don't think they will though.
    We are Cardiff.

I’ve never wanted us to lose a game, but there have been certain occasions when it hasn’t bothered me too much.
    What about a scenario where, if we were to win or draw the final game of the season, it would send Swansea or Bristol City up!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    I didn't really want Cardiff to stay up after the rebrand but I was conflicted to say the least. I didn't actively want Cardiff to lose but I wasn't disappointed when they lost. Only as I thought the longer they stay up, the less likely a return to blue would be.

I was not exactly heartbroken when we sent Leeds down losing to Hull. In fact, I remember Alexander was out and there was a poll on who we wanted in net, and Thommo won
    Indeed. And with the team still wearing that fag packet dragon badge. Not that I am a fan of the Malaysian ragworm on the current version, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post

:
    I agree entirely with this, I felt exactly the same, Mackay was sacked and I thought if we go down there is much more chance of a return to blue. All those years of wanting to see us play at Anfield, Old Trafford etc and I didn’t go to a single away game that season

I'll never want them to lose..... If they did today I won't be heartbroken. I would love Derby to go down.

I wonder if Warnock was still in charge what team he would have put out today considering how seething he was after snow Gate.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    I wonder if Warnock was still in charge what team he would have put out today considering how seething he was after snow Gate.
    Probably not a bunch of snowflakes.