+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Hammering For Labour In Hartlepool

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Hammering For Labour In Hartlepool

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Yes Million, i was replying elsewhere and had K on my mind

I am sure some did get sucked into the Bus Lie, though both campaigns were hardly that truthful

I stand by the comment that it got people think about the money we sent to the EU and where it could be spent instead, so the slogan / bus worked
    it was a berefaced lie, they knew it at the time, but they knew there would be no consequence of making it. Can you give an example of a lie from the other side of the campaign?

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    it was a berefaced lie, they knew it at the time, but they knew there would be no consequence of making it. Can you give an example of a lie from the other side of the campaign?
    I am sure you could google " Brexit Remain Lies " then you can see them all

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    I am sure you could google " Brexit Remain Lies " then you can see them all
    You can't think of any then?

International

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    How can you state categorically that it was a lie when no one has yet had to prove it one way or the other.?
    Until the end of the transition period which was about 5 months ago we were still paying into the EU. You talk as if we haven't done so for years . JOHNSON has said the NHS will get whatever money it needs to put things in order . I recall a figure of £1 billion being mentioned. That will be 3 years of 350 million . If and when it doesn't get it then we can say it was a lie but not yet. Don't make things up and try to sell them as fact.... again

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    How can you state categorically that it was a lie when no one has yet had to prove it one way or the other.?
    Until the end of the transition period which was about 5 months ago we were still paying into the EU. You talk as if we haven't done so for years . JOHNSON has said the NHS will get whatever money it needs to put things in order . I recall a figure of £1 billion being mentioned. That will be 3 years of 350 million . If and when it doesn't get it then we can say it was a lie but not yet. Don't make things up and try to sell them as fact.... again
    I can state categorically that it was a lie because we've never paid the EU £350 million a week.
    that figure doesn't include the "rebate" which was taken off before we paid it.
    without that I think it was at most 250 million.

aside from that,
    it also doesn't include the EU funds being spent in the UK, which brings the net spend down to I think just over 150.

and it also doesn't include the impact on the economy of leaving the EU, which is very likely to have a much bigger effect on the public piece than the cost of membership

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    The bus said £350m a week not £350m a year.

International

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    The bus said £350m a week not £350m a year.
    Well spotted