+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Hammering For Labour In Hartlepool

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Hammering For Labour In Hartlepool

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    How anyone normal person in the street can think that Tories will improve their lives is bewildering. Things don’t look good and Labour are promising to change more. But in what way? Do they mean opposition to Tories or chasing Tory votes? The latter isn’t going to work.
    And there we have it in a nutshell. The reason why Labour probably is finished. A total inability to realise that left wing politics is dead and at the same time insulting anyone that might even consider voting Conservative by insinuating that they cant be normal.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    And there we have it in a nutshell. The reason why Labour probably is finished. A total inability to realise that left wing politics is dead and at the same time insulting anyone that might even consider voting Conservative by insinuating that they cant be normal.
    Has Labour WA really benefitted me personally? I can't say that it has

Have the Tories at Westminster hindered me? I can't say that it has - helped me in my career sector massively though

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Has Labour WA really benefitted me personally? I can't say that it has

Have the Tories at Westminster hindered me? I can't say that it has - helped me in my career sector massively though
    The old class divide has collapsed we longer see those traditional manual workers voting in droves for Labour , Labour has moved to more of a Metropolitan City party where its safer in the areas like Manchester , Liverpool , Bristol, and London , the traditional heartlands up north and parts midlands are seeing a shift in voting to the Tories , as they don't connect or like the Metropolitan view , it doesn't make them evil , its simply a shift in the democratic voting patterns of people .

Will be interesting to how it plays out in Wales with the gains and losses and mayoral voting in England .

Cant be bothered with the enclave that is Scotland and their ruler she reminds me of Thatcher my way or no way , lol ???

Just like those 17,410,72 idiots who didn't know what they were doing when they voted to leave the EU.

Just for the record, Tories have made noises that they're taking a massive step towards proposals set out by Corbyn and McDonnell because they were extremely popular policies and this should be evidence enough that leftwing politics isn't dead. (We haven't seen whether these are implemented properly yet and not doubt it's Labour's fault if it's not implemented well).

They've combined that with a creeping authoritarian, regressive culture which attacks opposition in any form in a way that would make Trump or Orban (Hungary) proud.

I had a conversation yesterday with a conservative voter (small c) who said they'd never vote Tory again because of what they're currently doing economically and culturally. We're not hearing that yet because i) how popular this political position is (economically centre-left, culturally right, authoritarian) and ii) Tories are still a party friendly to billionaire's.

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    They've combined that with a creeping authoritarian, regressive culture which attacks opposition in any form in a way that would make Trump or Orban (Hungary) proud.
    bollocks

Quote Originally Posted by Feedback View Post
    bollocks
    Now which part of my earlier post do I rely on here

"People get emotional because of Tory policies that have attacked minorities and created a wealth divide which has literally damaged people's lives. In comparison, your life has not really been damaged by a comment on here.

A greater level of respect should be shown to each other, but also that needs to come from the powerful to those without power as well."

It's not rubbish though. For example, you've just been locked in your homes for most of the year and adults not already in a couple banned from having legal sex (authoritarian), the Ofcom approved verdict on Channel 4 employment was overturned in what appears to be a consequence of them showing too much opposition (attacks the opposition in any form), transgender people are under attack so much so that several members of the LGBTQ+ advisory board resigned and latest race report made on distorted facts (regressive).

Please show examples of them being liberal, progressive and fair to opposition in response.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post

I had a conversation yesterday with a conservative voter (small c) who said they'd never vote Tory again because of what they're currently doing economically and culturally. We're not hearing that yet because i) how popular this political position is (economically centre-left, culturally right, authoritarian) and ii) Tories are still a party friendly to billionaire's.
    Not sure if anyone is still reading this thread/how long it can go on for before being moved to politics section. I will quietly add that the Queen's Speech today has some people concerned based on what I've said above and leave it at that.

Left wing politics is certainly not dead.
    Just fractured
    This result cannot be seen as a rejecton of left wing policies, as which of those has Starmer been pushing recently?

The main political issues I think are still Brexit and the pandemic.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Left wing politics is certainly not dead.
    Just fractured
    This result cannot be seen as a rejecton of left wing policies, as which of those has Starmer been pushing recently?

The main political issues I think are still Brexit and the pandemic.
    Polls have also shown that left wing policies such as nationalisation are consistently popular across the UK, so the idea that left wing politics is dead is just clear nonsense. It would also ignore the 12.8m people who voted for Labour in 2017 and the 10.2m who voted in 2019 (more than voted for them in 2005, 2010 and 2015)