+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314

Thread: Hammering For Labour In Hartlepool

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Hammering For Labour In Hartlepool

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    To make myself clear (although it was already). Almost everybody is a dumbo, even the people who agree with me, even me, definitely you.
    Phew I hate being left out lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    Me too. Something we agree on.
    I'd have mandated voting and Covid vaccinations
    ( for those without health risks)

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I'd have mandated voting and Covid vaccinations
    ( for those without health risks)
    I think that's an interesting point however it's a bit more complicated when advocating what is technically a medical procedure. I don't agree with the anti-vaxxers but I do agree that it would have been better to have mandated a vote re. Covid vaccinations. But this is where I start arguing with myself (!) in that in order for your suggestion to work or my thoughts re. compulsory voting, they couldn't work under our current world of fake news (something we used to call by that quaint term - lying). Social Media monopolies and infiltration by governments make it very difficult to implement.

Of course, If I was the supreme leader of the universe (I'm still moderately ambitious) I promise to sort all of these problems out from the safety of my privately owned island. I'll even write it all down in a manifesto!

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    I think that's an interesting point however it's a bit more complicated when advocating what is technically a medical procedure. I don't agree with the anti-vaxxers but I do agree that it would have been better to have mandated a vote re. Covid vaccinations. But this is where I start arguing with myself (!) in that in order for your suggestion to work or my thoughts re. compulsory voting, they couldn't work under our current world of fake news (something we used to call by that quaint term - lying). Social Media monopolies and infiltration by governments make it very difficult to implement.

Of course, If I was the supreme leader of the universe (I'm still moderately ambitious) I promise to sort all of these problems out from the safety of my privately owned island. I'll even write it all down in a manifesto!
    Indeed well presented.

Is this the future for non-tories at the next election?

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...-past-the-post

Quote Originally Posted by Veg1960 View Post
    Is this the future for non-tories at the next election?

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...-past-the-post
    I just read that, Labour are clearly the party that could make it work, but I don’t see their left wing accepting it - perhaps we could see another SDP type split?