+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Hammering For Labour In Hartlepool

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Hammering For Labour In Hartlepool

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    So it's English Labour now Fair play you're seriously confused. Before the election results, Drakeford was a **** and Gething could get ****ed as well
    He makes it up as he goes along mun.

Or Mikey has him on the books to repeat drivel to keep the hits up?

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    He makes it up as he goes along mun.

Or Mikey has him on the books to repeat drivel to keep the hits up?
    He's having an absolute stinker. To use a football analogy, subbed after 30 minutes.

He's having an absolute stinker. To use a football analogy, subbed after 30 minutes.

To ironic applause from the home crowd

You mean there was little support for them?

You've got your supposedly centre left party already in England at the moment being led by Starmer, how's that going at the moment?
    He's useless and the party is still tainted by corbyn

An 'Independent' Welsh Labour Party? Stop it now, Sludge, you're cracking me up That can't exist, read the core values of a Labour Movement (although it isn't that) It would have to become a new party in Wales. You're not thinking any of this through, are you?
    I am ahead of the game

Exactly. Drakeford has implemented Left wing policy, yet he's alright with that, it seems, the morning after the results.
    he's not my cup of tea but he's no raving lefty

Using another sporting analogy, old pro boxer, punch drunk, lacking mental acumen, doing the same things over and over again. Should never have gone back in the ring but his ego wouldnt let go.

I think he's unravelling (politically).

Using another sporting analogy, old pro boxer, punch drunk, lacking mental acumen, doing the same things over and over again. Should never have gone back in the ring but his ego wouldnt let go.

Spot on..

Sounds like a lot of us posters on here

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    He's useless and the party is still tainted by corbyn
    ****inell...

Give it up now.

Spot on..
    Keep standing on that box in queen Street in the rain with your momentum leaflets

Keep standing on that box in queen Street in the rain with your momentum leaflets
    It's all done online now Love...

****inell...

Give it up now.
    corbyn , momentum , Abbott

Will never be forgotten for causing the death of the labour party in England

The jocks are lost , in Wales Welsh Labour has a solid vote

Scrap English Labour Party and start again

Corbyn caused the death of the Labour Party?

As for Scotland when they deserted Labour in their droves where did they end up voting? What policies were the party attracting all these disillusioned Labour supporters advocating?

What was Labour representing at the time? Centre left politics again wasn't it?

This golden cow of politics you keep on banging on about and in reality only Blair has ever won with (open to debate whether he was centre left or a Tory but for debate reasons I'll let that slide).

Take your time with your reply.

I've got all day and you got a fair bit to mull over.

You sometimes talk sense, Sludge.

But not this time.

The Labour Party in England is not dead - it is wounded and may need to change a lot to become electorally successful again.

Everyone involved shares some blame, but you are mostly looking in the wrong direction. Corbyn, Momentum etc are not responsible for the civil war that crippled Labour - they were the main targets.

Yeah reckon he did cause the death of them, looking from the outside. I fully admit I know little about any political stuff....

Sludge getting the type of hammering not seen in these parts since the visit of Maidstone United on NYD 1992

For a start Labour are not dead. They are struggling. They were struggling before Corbyn became leader. At least in 2017 Corbyn’s Labour forced a hung Parliament.

The problem for Labour is not down to any one individual. It is a tale of two referenda.
    In Scotland the 2014 Indy referendum resulted in a surge of Scottish Nationalism and it came at Labour’s expense with the SNP supplanting them as the main party whilst the Tories kept hold of the Unionist vote.

Then the 2016 EU Referendum left them in a very difficult position as a Remain party as much of their traditional support in the north wanted out of the EU
    Brexit has then resulted in a surge of English nationalism which Johnson has taken advantage of. The Tories had no such problem because they were primarily a party that ended up supporting Leave which was supported by the vast majority of Tory voters.

So even though Cameron and the Tories handled both referenda very badly they got away with it. In that sense Labour have been a bit unlucky

Labour party demise Is deeper than those you speak of I think its traditional core voters no longer feel part of them , listening to ex voters on radio yesterday they feel they have moved away from them , they say Labour was thier vote and ticked them half hearted then something snapped :

Stuff like Brexit not accepting the vote.
    Supports free movement
    Hatred of Blairism and centrist politics
    Salisbury poisoning reactions and initial doubts around Russian involvement.
    Alleged antisemitism
    Rightly or wrongly they are not deemed as patriotic.
    Not Royalist enough.
    Judgemental of leavers and working class views in areas like Hartlepool
    Become strangely insular ( ie not for all people in UK )
    Appear inner City focused which conflicts with lots of less wealthy parts of UK
    Woke driven.
    Anti Union Jack / white van ingerlander man .
    Has become a middle class party .
    Lack of new policies instead is just critical of others.

I also think they lack quality in depth on thier bench .

Wales is totally different, they despise anybody/thing Tory, even if they delivered a positive outcome , don't seem to want Independence , didn't like Europe, which privately I think pleases the Tories as long as they have some representation ( they don't need another SNP on their doorstep) .

It's very sad for Labour however it's been coming and the UK requires decent opposition.

I do hope they repair itself however it could be bloody .

Perhaps becoming a pro UK Green Socalist movement with dynamic policies ( not old left Socalist ones) may help ?

Corbyn caused the death of the Labour Party?

As for Scotland when they deserted Labour in their droves where did they end up voting? What policies were the party attracting all these disillusioned Labour supporters advocating?

What was Labour representing at the time? Centre left politics again wasn't it?

This golden cow of politics you keep on banging on about and in reality only Blair has ever won with (open to debate whether he was centre left or a Tory but for debate reasons I'll let that slide).

Take your time with your reply.

I've got all day and you got a fair bit to mull over.
    Blair was a realist until he let God talk him into an illegal war

Like it or not Labour needed to win the centre ground it had with him but they blew it by electing Ed milligan

Then came corbyn and he and momentum have flattened and killed the Labour party in England

Like it or not Labour needed to win the centre ground it had with him but they blew it by electing Ed milligan

Then came corbyn and he and momentum have flattened and killed the Labour party in England
    This is a great reply, even for you.

You’ve called me a Tory in the past but see Blair as a realist? He was a Tory.

You say Corbyn and Momentum flattened the Labour Party? They tried clawing it back from the ‘right’. I’ll leave aside the concerted efforts to bring a Corbyn down by media and Starmer disciples as we could be here all day.

You’ve swerved the questions about Scotland.

Where did the disillusioned Labour supporters go to? The Tories, Lib Dem’s or somewhere with more left wing policies than Labour were offering at that time?

Have another think.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post

To ironic applause from the home crowd
    who are mostly educationally challenged to be fair

Not the sharpest on here

I can take a few seals clapping

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Sludge getting the type of hammering not seen in these parts since the visit of Maidstone United on NYD 1992
    You don't remember Cambridge United?

When did you stop supporting man u again ?

You don't remember Cambridge United?

When did you stop supporting man u again ?
    I remember it very well. I was in the Canton stand for that game. At least we had 2 goals to cheer.

Ed of the left of his family didn't help matters needed a bright David to modernise the party .