Thread: So how did Mick do?

So how did Mick do?

Since taking over at City:

Championship.
    Played 22
    Won 10
    Lost 3
    Drawn 9

Not a bad record with someone else's players.

Would you like to see him stay or go?

Re: So how did Mick do?

Good job

Onwards

Now is the time to judge him.... Originally now was the plan to see if they wanted to hand him a new deal.

Personally I think he's been great, just what we needed until the end of the season. He's brought through a couple of the youngsters, I think some could have had more minutes. I'm still not sure on how much faith he has on making many first reamers.
    I'm concerned with how stubborn he is with the formation and let's be honest while the formation is different the ethos seems to be pretty similar to that of Harris and Warnock.
    I think I'd give him a good 8/10 for what we needed until the end of the season.
    However personally I'd rather see us go in another director, easier said than done but if they stuck to the original plan they would have had some months to plan a new appointment.

I can see much of the same next season in terms of style, I would think around midtable once he makes the chnages he wants.

8 /10 .

His most important result was committing our younger players to the squad and playing them, looking forward to next season .

I like him, but all this talk of younger players sounds like we're going to be just 'making do'. I want more than that.

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    I like him, but all this talk of younger players sounds like we're going to be just 'making do'. I want more than that.
    There are financial issues to consider as well, just fed up of us purchasing spent players on high wages , looking for thier last hurrah wage deal, whilst our younger lads can't develop due to the lack of game time .

I am more interested in whether he has a good eye for a footballer come next season than praising him for what he has achieved so far.

He's done very well to stabilise the club but all that will count for nothing if he is unable to improve the standard of football next season.

I accept that the transfer budget will be tight but there will be some very good players available either on loan or at a bargain price. My one hope is that he doesn't pack out the squad with journeymen or players long past their sell-by date. That in my eyes would be unforgivable and give credence to those fans who didn't want MM here in the first place

Harris had led us into such a corner of self-defeating behaviour and negativity that we could have continued to drop as Bristol City or Stoke did had he stayed on and starting from much lower league position, however I still think the positive and fresh Harris we got when he replaced Warnock would have achieved a similar record to Mick over the second half of the season.

I felt we probably had the 9th best squad in the league throughout the year - Harris underperformed and Mick has over-performed slightly taking us to 8th. He's got a big challenge ahead with drop in funds, big decisions over contracts/signings and raised expectations of the fans/media but I've seen enough to be positive going into next year.

We're highly unlikely to get promotion to premier league next year but have got a good chance 2022-2023 if Mick gets majority of his decisions right over next 15 months or so.

about par.

good for youth though.
    I do fear what we may do in the transfer window though

The problem is that managers get sacked too easily. Play youngsters and lose means the crowd get dissatisfied and the manager loses his job. There is no incentive for a manager to play inexperienced players sadly.

Ask again in August after a summer of outs and ins. We need to replace the loans but recruiting quality is the key. He needs to find the midfield general to dictate the game and to provide calmness and accuracy.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Ask again in August after a summer of outs and ins. We need to replace the loans but recruiting quality is the key. He needs to find the midfield general to dictate the game and to provide calmness and accuracy.
    We desperately need to recruit well this summer. If we don't then next season could be a real struggle, especially if we sell Moore or Morrison's injury woes continue.

He seems like a decent bloke and a reasonably competent Championship manager. He seems short on ideas though. I don't us finishing as high as 8th again under his stewardship.

He steadied a ship that was taking on alot of water ( we were never going to sink imho )

He appears to be a honest bloke, a refreshing change from NW