Re: Cewnty v FGR playoff

Nicky Maynard for Newport. 119th min

4-5 on agg

Nice ball young Lew, finished by an ex City player

County go through.

Good honest , exciting game of football.

I have watched Newport a few times recently (when we could still watch football) and there is an honesty about watching football in the lower levels.

I have a table booked in the Potters with my Newport mate to watch the final.

What a game. That's proper football.

Maynard was taking stick for his headed miss but fine composure for the decisive goal.

Well done the County, deserved to go through.

You can never write off Mike Flynn’s Newport. They score so many late goals Delighted for them.

Heartbreak for Forest Green but Newport just about deserved that

Sheehan was a cut above everyone else on the pitch

42 years old Nicky Maynard scores the winner. If that was an example of League 2 football then clearly the lower leagues are very watchable - more so than the boring stuff we have to put up with.

Sheehan was impressive for Newport. He should be playing at a far higher level.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    42 years old Nicky Maynard scores the winner. If that was an example of League 2 football then clearly the lower leagues are very watchable - more so than the boring stuff we have to put up with.

he's available on a free in the summer

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post

He is only 34. Ellison is 42 .

Anyone else spot that Aaron Wildig scored for Morecambe today?

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    He is only 34. Ellison is 42 .
    You are right. He was born in 1986. I'm sure the commentator said he was 42 but clearly I was incorrect.

Great to see Newport get through, let's hope they can finish the job off.

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    Great to see Newport get through, let's hope they can finish the job off.
    Congratulations County.

A tough one to take for my neighbours though.

A few of the FGR lads will play at higher levels in the years ahead as Keifer has proved.

Great game , real combatative stuff with no quarter given, reminds you what football is all about and how enjoyable it can be at these grassroot tussles. Bugger the top 6 and it's greed.

Quote Originally Posted by Forest Green Bluebird View Post
    Congratulations County.

A tough one to take for my neighbours though.

A few of the FGR lads will play at higher levels in the years ahead as Keifer has proved.
    Yeah unlucky mate, great effort from FGR.

Really enjoyed that game. County deserved to go through. Surprisingly decent football.

Best game I've seen this year , can't wait for the behind scenes Amazon documentary .

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    Anyone else spot that Aaron Wildig scored for Morecambe today?
    Good goal as well, he scored more goals this season than in any other in his career.

The County match was brilliant, far better than the Premier League stuff that all proved so predictable in the afternoon - I think anyone, like me, who could not understand why Josh Sheehan was being picked in front of Will Vaulks in Welsh squads were given an answer last night.

Sheehan may not be able to handle Championship football. but I'd like to see us sign him to see if he could - he looked exactly the sort of player we need in the middle of the park last night.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Good goal as well, he scored more goals this season than in any other in his career.

The County match was brilliant, far better than the Premier League stuff that all proved so predictable in the afternoon - I think anyone, like me, who could not understand why Josh Sheehan was being picked in front of Will Vaulks in Welsh squads were given an answer last night.

Sheehan may not be able to handle Championship football. but I'd like to see us sign him to see if he could - he looked exactly the sort of player we need in the middle of the park last night.
    I'd sign Sheehan only 26 has something about him , Carmarthen born , on Swansea books early doors 2014 to 18

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I'd sign Sheehan only 26 has something about him , Carmarthen born , on Swansea books early doors 2014 to 18
    Yeah a former Jack who gets the ball down and tries to play, it'd be like him wearing a target for some of our fans .

Yeah a former Jack who gets the ball down and tries to play, it'd be like him wearing a target for some of our fans .
    Signed from County. Poor lad would have no chance

He is good on the ball. Maybe another like Keiffer Moore who gets better as he gets older, with games under this belt. I don't think he's good enough for Championship though.He is good on the ball, but does tend to fade out of games. And amazed to see him in the Welsh Squad with Tom King, who has played 8 games in Division 2 this season.

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    He is good on the ball. Maybe another like Keiffer Moore who gets better as he gets older, with games under this belt. I don't think he's good enough for Championship though.He is good on the ball, but does tend to fade out of games. And amazed to see him in the Welsh Squad with Tom King, who has played 8 games in Division 2 this season.
    Agree about King, I make it that Chris Maxwell (who wouldn't be available for the Portugal trip either) has kept twenty six clean sheets in fifty two matches for Blackpool this season, surely he should be above King in the pecking order?

Don't we give new signings special hoof it training?

We would soon knock that football crap out of him.