+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cewnty v FGR playoff

Cewnty v FGR playoff

Would normally be at this, shame it’s not the Final. Will be watching from afar, I guess just thru personal history with FGR, I’d love to see them in League 1. Brother v Brother with Aaron & Lewis Collins as well tough call. Begrudgingly well done to Cheltenham deserved to go up as champions, best side in the division.

Re: Cewnty v FGR playoff

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Would normally be at this, shame it’s not the Final. Will be watching from afar, I guess just thru personal history with FGR, I’d love to see them in League 1. Brother v Brother with Aaron & Lewis Collins as well tough call. Begrudgingly well done to Cheltenham deserved to go up as champions, best side in the division.
    If people were able to put petty rivalries aside , they'd have to admit that it'd be great to have 3 welsh teams in the top two leagues.

Can't stand the Jacks but it wouldn't be good if they ever went down. Same for us.

Hopefully I will be able to find a feed! Showing my ,I remember early 60's....routine....watching City one Saturday....watching County at Somerton Park the other.....and then Glamorgan cricket in Cardiff and Swansea in the summer (including those six sixes off Nash by Australia!!!).

Ah...times fly bye....those were the days...

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    Hopefully I will be able to find a feed! Showing my ,I remember early 60's....routine....watching City one Saturday....watching County at Somerton Park the other.....and then Glamorgan cricket in Cardiff and Swansea in the summer (including those six sixes off Nash by Australia!!!).

Same here, NP, SP & was also there for the 6 6’s. Odd games at Hereford as well. Thank goodness I had sports loving uncles. My old man was into motor sports. So I have Phil, Bill & Pete to thank for my introduction to City, Cewnty & Grammy ��.

My first City away game was at Cewnty 0-2 thanks to Aldridge & Tinnion

I used to regularly go to watch County back when Ashurst was in charge. Saw City play there more than once as well. it used to be there were always one or two ex-City players in the side, and for all those reasons, I've always had a bit of a soft spot for them. Hope they go up. And Wrexham, and even Merthyr...

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

I'll be watching it from the field above FGR.

Quote Originally Posted by Forest Green Bluebird View Post
    I'll be watching it from the field above FGR.
    You cheapskate Is it a sell out?

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    I used to regularly go to watch County back when Ashurst was in charge. Saw City play there more than once as well. it used to be there were always one or two ex-City players in the side, and for all those reasons, I've always had a bit of a soft spot for them. Hope they go up. And Wrexham, and even Merthyr...
    Indeed , love Cwnty back in our league along with Cheltenham , Forest Green , Swindon , Forest Green , Shrewsbury , Bristol Rovers, a very green travel division

First Team

Pretty sure that quite a few people did the City/ County thing back in the day. I was certainly one of them and quite enjoyed visiting Somerton Park although it was a terrible ground but stacked with character and characters.

The situation probably changed when they became division rivals althoughthat may just be my take on it all.

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    Off the top of my head, I’ve seen us play at County three times and the best I’ve seen us do is draw 1-1.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Indeed , love Cwnty back in our league along with Cheltenham , Forest Green , Swindon , Forest Green , Shrewsbury , Bristol Rovers, a very green travel division
    Where is forest green? I’ve not a clue

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Where is forest green? I’ve not a clue
    They play at Nailsworth near Gloucester.

Why no score or updates on BBC Football site? Nothing on sky sports football site either.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    Why no score or updates on BBC Football site? Nothing on sky sports football site either.
    They might do next Tuesday when the game is played.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    They might do next Tuesday when the game is played.
    Bugger , no wonder they aren't reporting it. Age is definitely getting to me, and I'm only 25
    Thank you Eric for putting me right.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    Bugger , no wonder they aren't reporting it. Age is definitely getting to me, and I'm only 25
    Thank you Eric for putting me right.
    No probs!

Just for the record I haven't found Radio Wales commentary of the game tonight, either.

Could cewnty survive in the championship ?

A population of 150000 says its possible

Always seen Newport as more of a rugby town though , I may be wrong

Why are they playing the first leg at home. Has someone got the answer?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    Why are they playing the first leg at home. Has someone got the answer?
    Their pitch is being dug up.
    https://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/sp...-forest-green/

Fooking imbecile Lee van ****ing Leef.

Quote Originally Posted by barrybloo View Post
    Fooking imbecile Lee van ****ing Leef.
    or whatever your shit name is..

2 seasons ago I was watching a young lad on loan at Cinderford Town from Newport called Lewis Collins, tonight he’s terrorising FGRs back line & just put them a step closer to Wembley

2 seasons ago I was watching a young lad on loan at Cinderford Town from Newport called Lewis Collins, tonight he’s terrorising FGRs back line & just put them a step closer to Wembley
    Great news

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

You cheapskate Is it a sell out?
    Season ticket holders lottery I think.

FGR 2-0 in 6 minutes