+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Paul Warne post match comments

Paul Warne post match comments

An emotional Paul Warne faced the media after watching his side relegated at CCS after Marlon Pack's 88th minute equalising goal. The game ended 1 - 1 and the point wasn't enough to keep The Millers up. If they had held on it would have been a different story as Derby and Sheff Weds drew 3 - 3 at Pride Park meaning a Rotherham win would have saved them.

‘The dressing room is devastated,' said Warne. I’ve thanked them all for their hard work. I thought the players made it really hard today for an unbelievable Cardiff side and my ‘keeper didn’t have many saves to make today. I can’t ask any more from my team except for maybe to take a chance or two.

‘By conceding so late on it doesn’t allow you to really react. We didn’t clear from a throw-in and it went in, I couldn’t believe it when it went in. I thought our performance was worthy of a win and that’s probably the microcosm of our season where we’ve created plenty of chances and not taken enough.

'If we’d have come away from here with a three-nil drubbing then I’d have thought we aren’t good enough for this standard but I honestly don’t believe that. I wanted the lads to remember this day for the right reasons, leave as heroes but, unfortunately, now they won’t. But that isn’t through lack of effort or determination it’s that little bit of quality we just missed to take a chance or two.

‘I’ve been griping about bad luck for a while and it looked like on the one day we need everything to go our way it felt like it may do.’

‘I’ve enjoyed watching our lads perform, being with my coaches and staff but emotionally. it’s been tough.

'I’m exhausted. I want to manage this football team but I’ve nothing more to give today. We will reconvene next week, lick our wounds look at any contract issues and try and recruit another side and go again’

Re: Paul Warne post match comments

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    An emotional Paul Warne faced the media after watching his side relegated at CCS after Marlon Pack's 88th minute equalising goal. The game ended 1 - 1 and the point wasn't enough to keep The Millers up. If they had held on it would have been a different story as Derby and Sheff Weds drew 3 - 3 at Pride Park meaning a Rotherham win would have saved them.

‘The dressing room is devastated,' said Warne. I’ve thanked them all for their hard work. I thought the players made it really hard today for an unbelievable Cardiff side and my ‘keeper didn’t have many saves to make today. I can’t ask any more from my team except for maybe to take a chance or two.

‘By conceding so late on it doesn’t allow you to really react. We didn’t clear from a throw-in and it went in, I couldn’t believe it when it went in. I thought our performance was worthy of a win and that’s probably the microcosm of our season where we’ve created plenty of chances and not taken enough.

'If we’d have come away from here with a three-nil drubbing then I’d have thought we aren’t good enough for this standard but I honestly don’t believe that. I wanted the lads to remember this day for the right reasons, leave as heroes but, unfortunately, now they won’t. But that isn’t through lack of effort or determination it’s that little bit of quality we just missed to take a chance or two.

‘I’ve been griping about bad luck for a while and it looked like on the one day we need everything to go our way it felt like it may do.’

‘I’ve enjoyed watching our lads perform, being with my coaches and staff but emotionally. it’s been tough.

'I’m exhausted. I want to manage this football team but I’ve nothing more to give today. We will reconvene next week, lick our wounds look at any contract issues and try and recruit another side and go again’
    soft spot for clubs like Rotherham

Proper proud football club who have never done much but their fans stick by em despite Sheffield United, Wednesday , Leeds being nearby

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post

I must admit to hoping that Rotherham grabbed a winner after Derby had levelled.

I wanted Derby to go down this morning. I'm over it now though. I'm more concerned about Chelsea. I don't like them and I don't want anything (else) good to happen to them.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I wanted Derby to go down this morning. I'm over it now though. I'm more concerned about Chelsea. I don't like them and I don't want anything (else) good to happen to them.
    Chelsea , Spurs , Arsenal , Liverpool , United , Leeds , Villa all big time Charlie's, down with them all

I noticed that, with his team desperate for a goal and on the verge if relegation, Warne still found time to give Sol Bamba a hug as he prepared to come on as a late sub. Every time I've seen him interviewed he's come across as a great guy. Hopefully, he'll be given a chance at a bigger club in due course. He certainly deserves it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    I noticed that, with his team desperate for a goal and on the verge if relegation, Warne still found time to give Sol Bamba a hug as he prepared to come on as a late sub. Every time I've seen him interviewed he's come across as a great guy. Hopefully, he'll be given a chance at a bigger club in due course. He certainly deserves it.
    If he spends another decade with Rotherham in League One, Vinnie might give him a chance with Cardiff.

I like Rotherham, when into the Millers club once back in the late 80,s - had a great time - was still there Sunday morning. Top club, top fans.

46 games determine where you finish in May. Relegation is not just down to yesterday’s defeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivortheengine View Post
    46 games determine where you finish in May. Relegation is not just down to yesterday’s defeat.
    They weren't defeated.

Spot on with that Dave.
    Spedger

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    soft spot for clubs like Rotherham

Proper proud football club who have never done much but their fans stick by em despite Sheffield United, Wednesday , Leeds being nearby
    Unlike you, a boy brought up in the suburbs of Swansea who pissed off 40 miles down the road to support their rivals.

Spoke very well and shed a few tears. Quite refreshing.

Ive watch Rotherham a few times lately and they are awful to watch. If Paul Warne is given a crack at a bigger job I hope it’s not at Cardiff.

The fact he comes across as a good guy is irrelevant, so did Neil Harris, Russel Slade and OGS.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Unlike you, a boy brought up in the suburbs of Swansea who pissed off 40 miles down the road to support their rivals.
    Well 11 miles from Swansea so not anyway near the suburbs of Swansea really

Have you still got your United shirts that you collected before you became a cardiff fan at 22 ?

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Ive watch Rotherham a few times lately and they are awful to watch. If Paul Warne is given a crack at a bigger job I hope it’s not at Cardiff.

The fact he comes across as a good guy is irrelevant, so did Neil Harris, Russel Slade and OGS.
    You are all heart

Its very emotional

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Well 11 miles from Swansea so not anyway near the suburbs of Swansea really

Have you still got your United shirts that you collected before you became a cardiff fan at 22 ?
    Pfft 6 miles as the crow flies

They weren't defeated.
    A thousand apologies sir. I meant to say draw. It probably felt like a defeat at the end when their destiny was confirmed.