+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Junior Hoilett Leaving

Junior Hoilett Leaving

Just announced he is leaving the club after 5 seasons.
    Has to be said he has been great free singing for us while Warnock was here.
    Thanks for the memories Junior and all the best.

Re: Junior Hoilett Leaving

What’s his leaving song?

Think it's been expected for some time but he had three really good years with us in the Championship and gave us some incredible highlights in the premier league too. Hope he enjoyed his time here and has good luck with next step.

Probably one of our best signings, made such an impact. A much better player than I expected when he signed, covered so much ground and some brilliant goals.

I think it was clear he was off having not been used for so long. Wish him well though.

Junior Hoilett's last game for City was Mick McCarthy's first.

25 goals for the Bluebirds - a good return from a signing who provided excellent value. I wonder if he'll turn up at Middlesbrough next season or if that's him done at this level?

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post

25 goals for the Bluebirds - a good return from a signing who provided excellent value. I wonder if he'll turn up at Middlesbrough next season or if that's him done at this level?
    My bet is his agent will get him a deal in the MLS.

Wouldnt suprise me if Warnock wanted him. Not sure if Hoillet would fancy a couple of seasons in Middlesbrough in the Championship.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    My bet is his agent will get him a deal in the MLS.
    That would probably suit him better.

Hoilett was on the bench for City on no less than 13 occasions under McCarthy, but wasn't used once.

Thank You Junior

Hopefully gets a move to MLS

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post

It's looked like his legs have gone at times when he has played this season.

First 2 Warnock signings Sol and Junior, both getting talked about here today.
    Both got there own songs too and both served us very well indeed.

great signing for us, but it's the right time.
    would have been on a pretty large wage for us and we aren't in the position to be able to pay that kind of money to players who aren't in the team week in week out

Clever player for this level and will do well in the next league he plays in. When his pace left him he adapted his game perfectly.

Great signing and wish him all the best

International

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    great signing for us, but it's the right time.
    would have been on a pretty large wage for us and I think we aren't in the position to be able to pay that kind of money to players who aren't in the team week in week out
    Corrected for you. Acting as the purse string holder again.

One of the few technically gifted players at the club. I think there's a little bit of stigma attached to 'free agents', so when it was announced we were going to sign him, I was a bit underwhelmed. However, in his time with us he's proved his worth. All the best Junior and thanks!

Thank you Junior for great service.
    The goal against Wolves still gives me goosebumps.
    Not happy with the way you was treated at the end.Picked for the bench but never getting on.Thought you deserved better than that.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Corrected for you. Acting as the purse string holder again.
    do you think I'm wrong? we have £35 million less coming in next season. if you dont think there's going to be a tightening of belts then you're living in a fantasy

Great signing for us, for a couple of seasons he was one of the first names on the team sheet. Some great goals.

Is he out of contract?

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Is he out of contract?
    yes

I would have loved to see more of him this season, rarely gives the ball away ("never", as the song goes, was stretching it), but obviously MM has his own plan which obviously Junior is not part of.

He has left us with some great memories of his all too few years with us.

All the best Junior

People like me who are pretty critical of Neil Warnock now have to concede that he made some great free transfer signings and I'd say Junior Hoilett rivals Sol Bamba as the best of the lot - thanks for some great memories and best of luck with whatever you decide to do from now on,

A fantastic signing for us. I hope he signs for the Red Bulls. If he signs for someone else, I'll go and see him when he plays the Red Bulls.

That goal against Wolves was magic.
    All the best Junior!!