+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Junior Hoilett Leaving

Re: Junior Hoilett Leaving

One of the very few recently who could create a buzz around the ground when he got the ball, not afraid to have a pop at goal, loved the way he lazily picked the ball up in a central position against Leeds at home last season, ambled forward and nonchalantly picked his spot. Very good servant who contributed greatly to the highs we experienced in his time here. Thanks Dave

He has been a very, very good player for us over the last nearly 5 years. I will miss him. He hasn't had a look in under McCarthy, who has persisted with Murphy and Ojo on the left. He's probably on a decent wage , and now our of contract he has to be released. Still only 30 though. But I have enjoyed watching him , his skill and his wonder goals . Always a Bluebird.

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    He has been a very, very good player for us over the last nearly 5 years. I will miss him. He hasn't had a look in under McCarthy, who has persisted with Murphy and Ojo on the left. He's probably on a decent wage , and now our of contract he has to be released. Still only 30 though. But I have enjoyed watching him , his skill and his wonder goals . Always a Bluebird.
    Absolutely concur with that statement...how can MM prefer Murphy and Ojo week after week without giving Hoilett a lookin....yes he could be ineffective...but he could also light up a a game.

Excellent signing for us. A player with skill and a bit of magic. Some great goals, and a very likeable person.

All the best for the future, Junior. You will be remembered with affection. 'Once a Bluebird, always a Bluebird!'

Quote Originally Posted by 19bluebirds27 View Post
    Just announced he is leaving the club after 5 seasons.
    Has to be said he has been great free singing for us while Warnock was here.
    Thanks for the memories Junior and all the best.
    Sadly, it is time to go.
    He has worked hard for us, had to play more defensively than he might have wished, scored some great goals and still retained the ability to do something unexpected, special. It just didn’t happen often enough or when needed most.
    A good servant to City and deserving of the appreciation and accolades.

One of the few players we have with a bit of class on his day. Did his bit tracking back as well. Was a top acquisition for us and wish him the very best wherever he goes.

Great player for us , great signing by Warnock alongside Sol.

As expected, the press are linking Hoilett to Boro now.

https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sp...-cardiff-exit/

The MLS is surely more likely?

Cheers Junior, an awesome player and stalwart of the club. Great memories.
    As others have said, wouldn't be surprised to see him pop up in the MLS in the next few weeks.

A favourite of mine. Class on his day and if he was on song, we won the game.

Do think he could have featured more over last few years. Yes he didn't show the same quality had previously but for me he was the one who produced on a most regular basis.

He was always going to struggle for minutes due to the change in formation but still reckon would have been a better option left than brown and ralls.

Good luck junior

Now unsurprisingly being linked to Middlesbrough

Edit: sorry jon1959, hadn't seen your post above

Quote Originally Posted by mazadona10 View Post
    Do think he could have featured more over last few years. Yes he didn't show the same quality had previously but for me he was the one who produced on a most regular basis.

He was always going to struggle for minutes due to the change in formation but still reckon would have been a better option left than brown and ralls.

Good luck junior
    I do agree.

I can only assume MM knew he was out of contract so would be moved on and off the wage bill

Surprising how young he was when he came to us as a free agent.