+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Todays games

Todays games

Just like yesterday when gutted that Rotherham got relegated instead of Derby, I watched Portsmouth v Accrington..SO disappointed Pompey didn't reach the playoffs......who would you rather have in Championship? Of the Div1 playoff teams I hope Sunderland get through.

I just have an affinity for these clubs plus Chesterfield, Notts County....why? goodness know...only that I enjoyed going to their grounds and the fans were pleasant! Also like to see Wycombe come back up because I like Gareth Ainsworth...!

OGS also seems to have found his niche - pleased for him, turning into a decent manager and a good man-manager....I do think he learned a lot from his time here.

Re: Todays games

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    Just like yesterday when gutted that Rotherham got relegated instead of Derby, I watched Portsmouth v Accrington..SO disappointed Pompey didn't reach the playoffs......who would you rather have in Championship? Of the Div1 playoff teams I hope Sunderland get through.

I just have an affinity for these clubs plus Chesterfield, Notts County....why? goodness know...only that I enjoyed going to their grounds and the fans were pleasant! Also like to see Wycombe come back up because I like Gareth Ainsworth...!

OGS also seems to have found his niche - pleased for him, turning into a decent manager and a good man-manager....I do think he learned a lot from his time here.
    Portsmouth fans pleasant? I’d love to see Accrington Stanley in the Premier Division let alone the Championship. And that twat Solskjaer cost our club a nice few bob with the contracts given out to players, players who, I believe, were on the books of his agent. The Mackems will go up deservedly if they win the play offs otherwise tough, a reality check is precisely what some of these clubs need, they are where they deserve to be.

I was quite happy for Portsmouth not to get into the play offs. 2008 and all that. I tend to base my preferred opponents on how easy it is to get to away grounds (back in the day when) and whether I've been there before, or not. So, Wycombe/Lincoln would be preferable to Sunderland. Would love to have gone to Wycombe away this season but not to be.

Portsmouth fans are in my experience very irritating and rate their club far too much. Pleased to see their stay in the bottom two tiers extended.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Portsmouth fans pleasant? I’d love to see Accrington Stanley in the Premier Division let alone the Championship. And that twat Solskjaer cost our club a nice few bob with the contracts given out to players, players who, I believe, were on the books of his agent. The Mackems will go up deservedly if they win the play offs otherwise tough, a reality check is precisely what some of these clubs need, they are where they deserve to be.
    Pompey fans are great. You just need to take the Time to get to know them!

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Pompey fans are great. You just need to take the Time to get to know them!
    I clocked what you did there Cyril

Looking at the West Ham v Everton game.....amazes me how/why managers write crib notes for half time talk into a tiny police-style notebook!!! They cannot remember??? Never saw Alex Ferguson/Klopp etc doling that....or even OGS....

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    I clocked what you did there Cyril
    You've got to hand it to him. His response ticked every box!

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    Portsmouth fans are in my experience very irritating and rate their club far too much. Pleased to see their stay in the bottom two tiers extended.
    This. **** off Pompey. Pompey **** off.

We also learnt a lot from OGS when he was here - namely that he was a useless manager. Lets be honest, the only reason he is doing well currently is because players like Pogba have decided to actually start playing, instead of going through the motions like they were before. With regard to teams like Sunderland and Portsmouth, why would any City fan want so called ‘big’ teams like them to get promoted ? Surely we want three teams to come up who are favourites to go straight back down.