+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The Welsh NHS experience

The Welsh NHS experience

we hear lots of horror stories but personally speaking they have been fantastic for me and also my elderly mother

Last two years for her has seen admission and treatment in Princess of Wales Bridgend for failing heart , further admission at Morriston Swansea , pneumonia, dementia and a broken hip

I have nothing but praise for them myself and social services , against the backdrop of covid

The stress they are under must be incredible

Talked to so many kind caring nurses on the phones as they kept me updated although I did tend to drag things out a bit

Loads of philopino nurses in NHS in South Wales in particular out of interest and a lot of Eastern europeans

Gawd bless em

Re: The Welsh NHS experience

Agreed mate, my Mum was in the Heath after a stroke a few months back. In the middle of the pandemic and she was treated very well.

An institution we should fight tooth and nail to protect.

I’ve nothing but praise for them, got me through a rough time earlier this year whilst, no doubt, under tremendous pressure. They keep battling on against all odds despite the powers that be at Westminster very often treating them like the shit on their shoe.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    I’ve nothing but praise for them, got me through a rough time earlier this year whilst, no doubt, under tremendous pressure. They keep battling on against all odds despite the powers that be at Westminster very often treating them like the shit on their shoe.
    But they've each got at least 50,000 claps each to help with the bills.

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    But they've each got at least 50,000 claps each to help with the bills.
    Ah those Thursday evenings on the doorstep, knowing how much those rounds of applause were contributing, how did the NHS survive before? All phoney bollocks really.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Ah those Thursday evenings on the doorstep, knowing how much those rounds of applause were contributing, how did the NHS survive before? All phoney bollocks really.
    Initially it was quite an uplifting experience. Didn't practically help those poor front line staff buckling under increasing pressure though.