+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Name the existing players likely to be in starting eleven for our first match of next season.

Name the existing players likely to be in starting eleven for our first match of next season.

Phillips
    NG
    Morrison
    Flynn
    Nelson
    Bennett or Bagan if Bennett isn’t fit.
    Vaulks if not sold
    ?
    ?
    ?
    Moore

Re: Name the existing players likely to be in starting eleven for our first match of next season.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEAWAY View Post
    Phillips
    NG
    Morrison
    Flynn
    Nelson
    Bennett or Bagan if Bennett isn’t fit.
    Vaulks if not sold
    ?
    ?
    ?
    Moore
    I assume you mean Flint unless Flynn has been playing without my knowing! Bennett is also out of contract even though I do see him being given a new deal.

I'd say:

Phillips
    Ng
    Flint
    Moz
    Nelson
    Moore

I don't think anyone in the middle is guaranteed next year although I hope we see more of the likes of Colwill and Sang

Re: Name the existing players likely to be in starting eleven for our first match of next season.

Is Ralls out of contract? If not I'd expect to see him starting. What about Bacuna and Harris?

McCarthy’s language this last week has, for me, suggested that Moore might be sold in the summer and goodness knows who else.

I doubt we'll re-sign Bennett. Which is a shame because I rate him and he actually is the perfect fit for MM's "system". I see next season as Slade II.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I doubt we'll re-sign Bennett. Which is a shame because I rate him and he actually is the perfect fit for MM's "system". I see next season as Slade II.
    That might not be such a bad thing. I think the end of the road has come for quite a few players and there'll be a bit of a rebuilding process.

Phillips

Morrison flint Nelson
    Ng Bagan
    pack ralls
    colwill Murphy
    moore

Phillips Ng Morrison Flint Nelson Bagan Ralls Vaulks Pack.

Really hope Morrison isnt sold. Think its very likely Moore will be.

I dont see any interest in any other of our players other than Morrison and Moore. Smithies wages are probably too high.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Phillips

Morrison flint Nelson
    Ng Bagan
    pack ralls
    colwill Murphy
    moore
    That would be awful. No progression.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEAWAY View Post
    That would be awful. No progression.
    on paper it's bit weaker than our team this season, but that's where I expect us to be tbh.
    We will probably bring in a player or two, but I think the chances of us bringing someone in who moves the dial significantly are pretty slim.
    We aren't likely to get another Harry Wilson

I'm expecting a season of cost cutting and bringing youngsters through