+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Oli McBurnie

Re: Oli McBurnie

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    According to who? Watch the link in the post above yours, that's either the same guy or there's two guys with the exact same voice going round abusing him on the exact same day. Why should he just take that from a 21 year old? I don't get that attitude
    Bloke that was attacked had said McBurnie was arguing with a girl and told to calm down it couldn't be worse than relegation.

Should rise above it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Bloke that was attacked had said McBurnie was arguing with a girl and told to calm down it couldn't be worse than relegation.

Should rise above it.
    He should rise above it yeah, and I agree with JRH said about him being a mug who's given the lad the bite he wanted but have you watched the link Bruce Parry posted?

Basically Oli McBurnie's my best friend and if there's anymore slander of him I'm flouncing off the board

He should rise above it yeah, and I agree with JRH said about him being a mug who's given the lad the bite he wanted but have you watched the link Bruce Parry posted?

Basically Oli McBurnie's my best friend and if there's anymore slander of him I'm flouncing off the board
    You are Sam Rodon and I claim my £5 pounds

Next time I see a lad arguing with his missus, I’m gonna make a joke about him being shit at his job and call him a ****.

Never thought I’d say this but I can’t really blame him for loosing it.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    You are Sam Rodon and I claim my £5 pounds
    I think this is the worst thing anybody's ever said to me on here

Should rise above it.
    Video shows different, I guarantee this lad has gone round telling people that story but seemingly forgot he recorded the actual confrontation with Oli where he shows himself berating him for no reason.

Should Oli have ignored it? Yeah definitely but this knobhead recording isn't exactly innocent. He doesn't have the right to just abuse someone in the street cause they play football

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Parry View Post
    Next time I see a lad arguing with his missus, I’m gonna make a joke about him being shit at his job and call him a ****.

Never thought I’d say this but I can’t really blame him for loosing it.
    See baloos post.

If he didnt act like such a d!ck maybe he wouldnt get the sh!t he does.

I think this is the worst thing anybody's ever said to me on here
    I think you need to log off for the day, reflect on todays posts and dust yourself down and go again tomorrow.

See baloos post.

If he didnt act like such a d!ck maybe he wouldnt get the sh!t he does.
    I think thats a fair point. He makes himself an easy target.

That's less than a 30 second clip, how do you know what happened leading up to it? I don't like Oli McBurnie and I don't think people should be going round getting physical and stamping on phones and stuff but you know what's a sure fire way of not getting roughed up or your phone stamped on? Not being all brave with your mates and giving someone you don't know shit and filming it so you can put it on facebook to show everyone what a legend you are.

Can't believe I'm sticking up for Oli McBurnie but I've got limited sympathy for people who set out to wind someone up then cry when there's consequences
    Have you seen some of the abhorrent racist comments black players get either on social media or shouted at in the street these days? Real, horrible, nasty and personal racist abuse... and do they react by smashing people up? No they don't, although in my opinion I would understand if they did.

And yet Oli feels the need to go and assault a 21 year old which, based on that clip and other reports was nothing more than a childish little squirt giving it some. The lad was a bit childish but if Oli gets so triggered by a little prick like that god help him. Talk about a disproportionate response.

He's been arrested.

I'm conflicted. If we ASSUME that the camerakid was acting the dick and he got a slap then I've got little sympathy for him personally, but also no sympathy whatsoever for anyone who hits a kid even if they are asking for it. But we've got a bonus point here because it might mean something bad happens to Oli McBurnie and all of the evidence points to McBurnie being an absolute tit. I wonder if this is an opportunity for the Blades to get rid for free?

Unless you are an out and out superstar, you need to be squeeky clean these days and if I was an owner of a football club, I wouldn't want the likes of McBurnie representing my club.

Bloke looks and acts like a tramp.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    He's been arrested.

I'm conflicted. If we ASSUME that the camerakid was acting the dick and he got a slap then I've got little sympathy for him personally, but also no sympathy whatsoever for anyone who hits a kid even if they are asking for it. But we've got a bonus point here because it might mean something bad happens to Oli McBurnie and all of the evidence points to McBurnie being an absolute tit. I wonder if this is an opportunity for the Blades to get rid for free?
    Free??
    And we were pissed about Mendez-Lang being sacked.
    Didn't he set SU back something like £20million?

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Free??
    And we were pissed about Mendez-Lang being sacked.
    Didn't he set SU back something like £20million?
    Sunk cost though. He's not exactly set the world on fire. Plus he's a shitbag. It's wishful thinking really, but still a lovely thought.

He's been arrested.

21 year old kid. The guy he assaulted is like 3 years younger than him, they are both fully grown men

ACCORDING TO WHO ? Watch the link in the post above yours, that's either the same guy or there's two guys with the exact same voice going round abusing him on the exact same day. Why should he just take that from a 21 year old? I don't get that attitude

Every morning paper, plus all news reports

Quote Originally Posted by AfricanBluebird View Post
    Have you seen some of the abhorrent racist comments black players get either on social media or shouted at in the street these days? Real, horrible, nasty and personal racist abuse... and do they react by smashing people up? No they don't, although in my opinion I would understand if they did.

And yet Oli feels the need to go and assault a 21 year old which, based on that clip and other reports was nothing more than a childish little squirt giving it some. The lad was a bit childish but if Oli gets so triggered by a little prick like that god help him. Talk about a disproportionate response.
    Who's racially abusing black players in the street? Confused why you've even brought that up. Same with social media comments, there's no way a player can physically respond to someone sending him a racist DM or comment.

Harass anyone by filming and verbally abusing them long enough and you'd be fortunate if they just walked away and ignored you. Oli should know better but the man behind the camera should too.

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    21 year old kid. The guy he assaulted is like 3 years younger than him, they are both fully grown men
    Physically yes- I'd not seen the latest news but you are right, he's an adult.

Mentally - not sure either of them are "fully grown men".

Gary Neville gets endlessly trolled in the streets by tiktok dickheads. As far as I am aware he's yet to punch anyone because of it because he is a fully functioning actual grown up, but I do take your point. Had it actually been a teenager then this would have been a proper scandal. If the "kid" is 21 then yeah just another incident to add to McBurnie's list of idiotic behaviour.

Exactly hardly a kid....hope they throw the idiot in cardiff prison

Physically yes- I'd not seen the latest news but you are right, he's an adult.

Mentally - not sure either of them are "fully grown men".

Gary Neville gets endlessly trolled in the streets by tiktok dickheads. As far as I am aware he's yet to punch anyone because of it because he is a fully functioning actual grown up, but I do take your point. Had it actually been a teenager then this would have been a proper scandal. If the "kid" is 21 then yeah just another incident to add to McBurnie's list of idiotic behaviour.
    yeah both guys are immature and should know better. Oli is going to be looking back in 20 years thinking what could have been if he kept his head screwed on. he's in the headlines for his antics more than his actual footballing career

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Exactly hardly a kid....hope they throw the idiot in cardiff prison
    Having spent some time in Cardiff prison I wouldnt wish that on anyone, not even McBurnie.

Maradona had his problems off the pitch as well

Maradona had his problems off the pitch as well
    Oli McBurnie and Diego Maradona in the same thread

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Oli McBurnie and Diego Maradona in the same thread
    Fine, George Best then

Who's racially abusing black players in the street? Confused why you've even brought that up. Same with social media comments, there's no way a player can physically respond to someone sending him a racist DM or comment.

Harass anyone by filming and verbally abusing them long enough and you'd be fortunate if they just walked away and ignored you. Oli should know better but the man behind the camera should too.
    My point is, admittedly rather ineloquently put, that it was just a bit of childish banter that didn't deserve the violent response from Oli. People put up with much worse, as per my example, without getting aggressive.