+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: EFL win appeal to find Derby did breach Financial Fair Play rules - potential fine or points relegation

EFL win appeal to find Derby did breach Financial Fair Play rules - potential fine or points relegation

EFL has won its appeal to find the club (Derby) in breach of Financial Fair Play rules.

The sanction is still to be determined, but we are told that anything from a fine to a points deduction is possible, and that could be applied to the current season or the next campaign.

Were the independent panel who decide on the punishment to impose even a three-point penalty on this season, it would relegate Wayne Rooney’s side to League One.

Derby avoided a possible points deduction last August when an independent disciplinary commission cleared them of breaching FFP rules after the EFL brought two charges against them.

But the EFL appealed against that decision and we can reveal they have won on grounds of player valuation.

We are told that Derby - owned by Mel Morris - did not follow accepted practice by including the depreciation of player assets in their accounts. Sources say that removed losses in excess of £30million over a three-year period.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ule-break.html
    Interesting. Has there been a precedent set by Wednesday receiving their points deduction following season or could we see Wycombe stay up and Derby go down still?

Re: EFL win appeal to find Derby did breach Financial Fair Play rules - potential fine or points relegation

hell of an escape if Wycombe manage to stay up

Re: EFL win appeal to find Derby did breach Financial Fair Play rules - potential fine or points relegation

Macclesfield have been relegated after the season finished, after getting their points deduction, so it can happen.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Interesting. Has there been a precedent set by Wednesday receiving their points deduction following season or could we see Wycombe stay up and Derby go down still?
    That would be glorious

Its disgusting how they operate , if I was Wednesday or another I'd have my day in court, haven't they both been found in breach of the same thing i.e. dodgy ground sale and only Wednesday drop , and investigate the Bet 33 involvement in Rooney appointment, club stinks .

Even a seven figure fine isn't going to hurt the owner or deter others from chancing their arm to flout the regulations in the future.

The only fair punishment, particularly with the aforementioned clubs, has to be a points deduction and therefore relegation.

Courts gonna be busy, again!

This is where football becomes a hypocrisy gets all concerned about super 6 and allows this to go on as its a lower league , well sorry it is the same issue it effects others not so fortunate, rich or powerful even in this bloody league the blind eye occurs , no balance .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    This is where football becomes a hypocrisy gets all concerned about super 6 and allows this to go on as its a lower league , well sorry it is the same issue it effects others not so fortunate, rich or powerful even in this bloody league the blind eye occurs , no balance .
    Yup. I'm afraid money = power.

Wycombe will be hopeful, just hope they've got the backing to go all the way.

I can just see Wycombe's barrister up against Derby's.
    Might as well get George from Blackadder goes forth to represent them

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Yup. I'm afraid money = power.

Wycombe will be hopeful, just hope they've got the backing to go all the way.

I can just see Wycombe's barrister up against Derby's.
    Might as well get George from Blackadder goes forth to represent them
    Whilst there is an obvious disparity between the two clubs in terms of finance - I'm sure Wycombe have enough to secure one of the very best barristers if needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    Whilst there is an obvious disparity between the two clubs in terms of finance - I'm sure Wycombe have enough to secure one of the very best barristers if needed.
    Thank you for your reassurance

Thank you for your reassurance
    Don't need to thank me. I just saying..

What a pandemic this would be for Wycombe if Derby are relegated, weren't they 8th in League 1 before it was suspended?

Latest:

http://www.skysports.com/share/12302839

Not clear whether sanctions will be for this season or next..
    "No definitive timescale"

I wonder what odds it's something along the lines of a record fine with points docked for next season?

Richard Keogh wins £2.3m pay out from Derby for breach of contract!

https://www.theguardian.com/football...-against-derby

Richard Keogh has secured a payout of about £2.3m from Derby after winning his long-running compensation claim against them. The 34-year-old defender, who finished the season at Huddersfield, brought an action for breach of contract in the wake of his sacking by Derby in October 2019.

Keogh had sustained serious knee ligament injuries when he was in the car that his then teammate Tom Lawrence crashed into a lamppost after a night out in September of that year. He was dismissed by Derby for gross misconduct. His contract with them, worth a basic £24,000 a week plus bonuses, was due to run until June 2021.

Keogh went to the EFL’s Player Related Dispute Commission [PRDC], where he won a full payout only for Derby to contest the decision at the League Appeals’ Committee [LAC]. The process has been marked by delays, caused in part by the pandemic, but the LAC last week upheld the original verdict.

Good. It always seemed to be a cynical and indefensible decision by Derby. Club in chaos!

Latest:

http://www.skysports.com/share/12302839

Not clear whether sanctions will be for this season or next..
    "No definitive timescale"

I wonder what odds it's something along the lines of a record fine with points docked for next season?
    Yep nice EPL cop out .

However if they simply relegated them now, what a strong message that would send to others.

Will they ,I doubt it as their gutless.

The beautiful scenario would be that Derby are relegated, they appeal the decision but the appeal is called off due to snow.

Another Derby take off bites the dust;-

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57114346

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post

Was this the businessman who was reportedly interested in us (his statement) only for Dalman to correct that news story?

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Was this the businessman who was reportedly interested in us (his statement) only for Dalman to correct that news story?
    Not sure, but that story about an interest in us seems older than last month, so, maybe, it was the people behind the first takeover to collapse who, apparently, were interested in us?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post

Obviously they didn't like the cold weather up there !

There's something rotten at the heart of that club.

They've gone from a well respected club at the heart of the community to one that's prepared to bend and break any rule or concept of fairness they can in trying to chase the premier league.