Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
Transfer fees and wages will be depressed across all leagues - a good thing. We don't know yet what the new football economy will look like - but comparisons with previous seasons (even last summer under Covid) will be apples and pears. Income and player costs down, even if most other costs are unchanged.

There will be a lot more players available out of contract as clubs reduce bloated squad sizes. A buyers market with a bigger pool of available talent at a lower cost, and less likelihood of generating big fees from sales. Moore and Morrison (not Murphy) the most saleable - but even then the benchmarks from previous windows may not apply.

If Cardiff is in Covid trouble because of reduced revenues (with parachute payments last season and Tan's backing) how much worse will it be for two thirds of other Championship clubs? Relegated clubs with parachute payments may find it harder than normal to reduce their costs through player sales.

We have got the most talented batch of youth players in a decade coming through the academy - and it seems a willingness to bring them into the first team.

Overall I don't see why we should be pessimistic about the summer and next season. I will be disappointed if Moore is sold (don't think Morrison will go and doubt there will be takers for Murphy willing to pay a significant fee), but with youth players coming through, out of contract and loan players leaving, and new loans and free transfers joining, I expect us to be in the play off fight again.

One thing is sure, the Mick McCarthy honeymoon is now over and he can now reshape the team the way he wants. Judge him then.
No chance .
We will continue to be dire .
Crowds will refuse to come back into the stadium to watch hoofball.