+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: My predictions for the new season

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: My predictions for the new season

Quote Originally Posted by Punxsutawney Phil View Post
    Pretty sure payments are staggered throughout the season, this would mean that you're correct in that there may be some left to pay for this year. However, this would no doubt be catered for in this years budget so will have no bearing on next year when the income from the Premier League will drop from £35m to the £4.5m solidarity payment.

Given our wage bill has been reported as around £22m it's likely that it's going to need more than just losing our out of contract players to keep us going. Does anyone know the max amount an owner is allowed to put into a club per year under FFP?
    isn't it 80million over a 3 year period

Just lifted the following from Wikipedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Premie...0the%20Premier

Parachute payments are unique to the English game and currently see clubs relegated from the Premier League receive a percentage of the equally shared element of broadcasting rights each Premier League club receives. This percentage drops progressively over a three year period – 55% in the first year, 45% in year two and, if the club was in the Premier League for more than one season before relegation, 20% in the third year.
    Same article says we'd have had £41.6m last year, £34.9 this so £80m is close but we get nothing next year as we were only in the league for season.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    isn't it 80million over a 3 year period
    Just realised you probably mean how much can be invested!