+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Railway Line Question.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Railway Line Question.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyncoed Slumdog View Post
    Well done Enoch. The line ran along the side of the Harlequins playing fields which was Cardiff High School's home ground and I remember seeing trains going past whilst I was playing rugby. It ran along the bottom of Waterloo Gardens then before new houses were built on the old track bed.

Off topic but interesting regarding the Harlequins ground, the City played a couple of friendlies there pre Ninian Park to gauge the local interest. Middlesbrough was definitely one and I think Bristol City the other. The players changed in the Royal Oak and walked over to the park, I always like to think that the great Steve Bloomer was involved for ‘Boro.

Re: Railway Line Question.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Off topic but interesting regarding the Harlequins ground, the City played a couple of friendlies there pre Ninian Park to gauge the local interest. Middlesbrough was definitely one and I think Bristol City the other. The players changed in the Royal Oak and walked over to the park, I always like to think that the great Steve Bloomer was involved for ‘Boro.
    1909, the City were in the South Wales League at the time and wanted to get into the Southern League but, in the absence of a suitable stadium, could not be admitted. A year later Ninian Park came along and we were in.