Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
thanks

I love my Chromebook, its a great bit of kit, spending £1500 - £2300 on a new macbook pro just seems alot of money, imho the best option for my daughter ( going to uni ) looks like the 2015 macbook pro and maybe upgrade the SDD ( which i am comfortable with doing on a win Laptop, so i guess the MBP is similar ), she isnt really into having the " latest and greatest " tech stuff, she still has a iphone 7

Whats the score with External Screens ? ? ? ? as a nice 29" screen would be great to work with

Of course she could take her old Win10 HP stream laptop ( but it really does struggle with the 32 gig SDD and does slow right down when it updates win 10 ) , but thats not going to make doing course work / assignments much fun
Chromebooks are cheaper for a reason....

My son had one before his Mac and I replaced the screen twice. I currently work for a very large US software company who is 'intimate' with the Chromebook ( ) and when you join they offer you the choice of Windows, Mac or Chromebook. So they don't even insist on you having to use a Chromebook

And most people choose Macs.....and they aren't £1,500 btw.