So need some advice..

I have always had laptops my entire life, I move around a bit and often work abroad, so picking up and taking my laptop along is always what I have done.

I have grown frustrated recently with paying £500-£600 for a generic mid-range laptop, and after 3 years it starting to fail, it seems 'rot' with laptops is common (generally slowing and breaking down within the 3-5 year mark)

After speaking to a friend he swears by Macbook Laptops, said his is 7 years old and as good as it was on day one, other people have said similar about their longevity and build quality.

Now while I spend lots of time on my laptop 3-5 hours a day, I do not actually do much of anything of significance, mainly watch youtube videos, stream live sport on sky go, Cardiff games on city player, I use Microsoft Word a lot for work, and then generally just check my e-mails and post on here.

I have stayed away from chromebooks, because I do often plug my HDMI from laptop to my TV to stream movies or live sport, and I find you do need a fairly 'powerful' laptop to stream live tv constantly.

Anyway

Today I bought a MacBook Pro from apple in Cardiff, while it is 100% more powerful than I require for my needs, I have never been afraid to pay for quality, and if it lasts two cycles of my generic HP/Dell purchase then it pays for it's self.

However I am really not enjoying the operating system, I have no interest in all their pre-loaded apps, and it took me a while to figure out how to download chrome on it and it is not as simple as using it on Microsoft.

copying my old files and photos over does not seem like it is going to be simple, and I haven't even tried downloading word yet.

I have 14 days to return, and I am considering it after one day, should I stick it out, or have I made a mistake with this purchase?

thanks.