+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The modern world

Re: The modern world

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Some people seem to want the best as soon as it comes out

The best tv , new car every 3 years , top of the range gym membership , smart TV

I bought a Samsung A10 phone , 150 quid

Its fine , I don't use mobiles a lot ,

Saw a review the other day saying whilst it was a good budget phone " in its day " ....that was then

Its two years old ff sake , not 1992

Is it just me ?

I think the people are gullible and everyone is sucked in these days

Who needs a new car , phone , TV, sofa , fridge every few years ?

I don't remember all this stupidity 20 years ago 🤔
    You should get up to date with the latest trends, Sludge you seem to be stuck in the 00’s. Obviously you are a one off.

Money makes the world go round, as the song goes.
    We are in a situation where if we all stopped buying stuff, the world would be in deep sh*t pretty quickly. But we don't.
    Phones are a separate issue, I think - if you want to run apps, then you need a newish phone.
    No one is making you buy the latest car or tv - people do it because they want to.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    Best match I've ever seen!
    More to the point, Greece beat Germany 1-0, with a late goal from Socrates !

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    Money makes the world go round, as the song goes.
    We are in a situation where if we all stopped buying stuff, the world would be in deep sh*t pretty quickly. But we don't.
    Phones are a separate issue, I think - if you want to run apps, then you need a newish phone.
    No one is making you buy the latest car or tv - people do it because they want to.
    I want the latest upgraded shimano catana spinning rod

But a rod I bought ten years ago is still going strong

Most of what we are buying these days comes from China

Which is fine as its cheap for us over here

But very bad news for the planet as they are burning fuel like Satan

Money may make the world go round but one day there won't be a world if we keep on going like we are

Buying a new car every 3 years is completely idiotic , it just keeps the world burning up

The world is mad
    I agree. I know some people who have to have the latest Cardiff City team shirt. They buy one EVERY year. Nuts really

Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post
    I agree. I know some people who have to have the latest Cardiff City team shirt. They buy one EVERY year. Nuts really
    well I can agree on that , I still have my leekes one from the promotion at the millennium

well I can agree on that , I still have my leekes one from the promotion at the millennium
    Ken Thornes (spit) world of cars is on mine and I think I only had that coz it was half price, the season before's strip.

Well, I wasn't paying a fiver for a shirt mun.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Ken Thornes (spit) world of cars is on mine and I think I only had that coz it was half price, the season before's strip.

Well, I wasn't paying a fiver for a shirt mun.
    I remember the home game after Ken Thorne's WoC withdrew sponsorship after they went bust and I saw 2 guys who had new shirts on and had cut out the Ken Thorne logo!!

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I remember the home game after Ken Thorne's WoC withdrew sponsorship after they went bust and I saw 2 guys who had new shirts on and had cut out the Ken Thorne logo!!
    Didnt the club sell some shirts with an iron-on Leekes logo badge covering over the Ken Thorne logo?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Didnt the club sell some shirts with an iron-on Leekes logo badge covering over the Ken Thorne logo?
    They did indeed.

The Ken Thorne stuff was crudely ironed off, the outline still visible, the Leehes pressed on over it.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    They did indeed.

The Ken Thorne stuff was crudely ironed off, the outline still visible, the Leehes pressed on over it.
    Yes, I had one. It was one step up from using Tippex and writing Leekes in permanent marker.

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    More to the point, Greece beat Germany 1-0, with a late goal from Socrates !

I tend to look after stuff and keep it for ages, so I try and buy the best and latest that I can stretch to, so it will see me through until it dies.

However that logic does go out the window with Cars.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    Best match I've ever seen!
    Inevitable that Socrates used his head to score.

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    Inevitable that Socrates used his head to score.
    And inevitable that Archimedes supplied the cross for the winner. He got his angles spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    And inevitable that Archimedes supplied the cross for the winner. He got his angles spot on.
    Pythagoras would have something to say about that, Archimedes would most probably have been sent for an early bath.

In Principle you're right !

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Pythagoras would have something to say about that, Archimedes would most probably have been sent for an early bath.
    Empedocles rejected the idea of any space in the box.