+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Two years ago today

Two years ago today

Arguably, the best away day in the Premier League.
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sky...-united-defeat

Re: Two years ago today

Just four of that eighteen man squad is still at the club.

Brilliant.

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    We hadn't already been relegated when we beat Leicester, Southampton, and Brighton away from home.

I wonder how many games that season we actually started with Zohore, Decordova Reid and Murphy?

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I wonder how many games that season we actually started with Zohore, Decordova Reid and Murphy?

The only other time that season the three of them were on the pitch together was for 20 minutes in the previous game against Crystal Palace, when Zohore replaced Danny Ward on the hour mark, then Warnock pulled Murphy off with 10 minutes to go.

I never found it worth celebrating. We were already down. If Warnock had shown a bit more ambition in some of our games as he did that afternoon, we might even have stayed up. As it was, that game was like putting icing and a cherry on a dog turd.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post

The only other time that season the three of them were on the pitch together was for 20 minutes in the previous game against Crystal Palace, when Zohore replaced Danny Ward on the hour mark, then Warnock pulled Murphy off with 10 minutes to go.
    our three most valuable attackers

our three most valuable attackers
    Zohore was crap that season.

I never found it worth celebrating. We were already down. If Warnock had shown a bit more ambition in some of our games as he did that afternoon, we might even have stayed up. As it was, that game was like putting icing and a cherry on a dog turd.
    Agreed. It meant nothing after the feeble performances against Fulham and Crystal Palace in our previous two games.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Or did the manager fail to get the best out of him?
    Danny Ward or Callum Paterson for all their efforts were never premier league quality

Or did the manager fail to get the best out of him?
    Danny Ward or Callum Paterson for all their efforts were never premier league quality
    They were significantly better than Zohore was that season. That says all we need to know about Zohore's contribution.

Zohore had a purple patch not long after Warnock went there. He was average on too many occasions in our promotion season but Warnock kept faith in Zohore for the Premier League. Warnock said once that he didn't get a striker because he believed Zohore would do the business. He didn't.

They were significantly better than Zohore was that season. That says all we need to know about Zohore's contribution.

Zohore had a purple patch not long after Warnock went there. He was average on too many occasions in our promotion season but Warnock kept faith in Zohore for the Premier League. Warnock said once that he didn't get a striker because he believed Zohore would do the business. He didn't.
    Because he wasn't good enough, or because Warnock didn't play to his strengths

We hadn't already been relegated when we beat Leicester, Southampton, and Brighton away from home.
    I was at Leicester and Brighton away. Both enjoyable for obvious reasons especially the late winner at Leicester. The fact we were already down and beat Man U/OGS away made it all the more enjoyable IMHO. Fantastic atmosphere all afternoon long. That match meant we ended the season on a positive note rather than fading away.

We did sell 5 of them for £21.6m though the rest left on frees.

Zohore £8m
    Decordova-Reid £10m
    Manga £2.5m
    Etheridge £1
    Healey £100k

I still think Etheridge, Decordova-Reid, and Zohore (as back up) are better than what we had this season, with the exception of Keiffer Moore.

Which was your best away day that season?

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    We did sell 5 of them for £21.6m though the rest left on frees.

Zohore £8m
    Decordova-Reid £10m
    Manga £2.5m
    Etheridge £1
    Healey £100k

I still think Etheridge, Decordova-Reid , and Zohore (as back up) are better than what we had this season, with the exception of Keiffer Moore.

I just don't get the praise Decorator gets!!. Not my cup of tea

Because he wasn't good enough, or because Warnock didn't play to his strengths
    In 2016/17 he scored a goal every 187 minutes. This increased to a goal every 298 minutes in our promotion season and a goal every 746 minutes in the Premier League with us. He scored 3 for West Brom at an average of 1 every 217 minutes. Last season he managed a goal every 434 minutes for Millwall.

I don't doubt that Zohore showed some ability for us in a fantastic purple patch where he was unplayable. This was over 4 years ago. He's had a few managers since then. Either all of them didn't play to his strengths or he hasn't been good enough.

He's got 2 years left on his contract. I don't see him doing much more in a West Brom shirt and expect him to be loaned out to a bottom half Championship side.

Which was your best away day that season?
    I think I've been at cross purposes. You're talking about away experiences, the day out, everything. I've only done a handful of aways in 20 odd years, so have no idea what being there would have been like. I was just looking at it from a result perspective.

I think I've been at cross purposes. You're talking about away experiences, the day out, everything. I've only done a handful of aways in 20 odd years, so have no idea what being there would have been like. I was just looking at it from a result perspective.
    Worth a look if you havent seen it before (definately talking about away day experiences). City fans in fine voice before, during and after (" dont take me home") that match:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Zlp-E_dWfp8&t=10s

And Bobby wasn’t picked, and Murphy had about two decent games.....

Seriously Eric sometimes you amaze me.
    What a fact and I know you only post genuine stuff.
    Stunning response.

I don't agree.
    Being able to sing
    Can we play you every week at Old Trafford was an away day experience not many fans have.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysAway2 View Post
    I don't agree.
    Being able to sing
    Can we play you every week at Old Trafford was an away day experience not many fans have.
    As I replied to IanD, I didn't think about the actual experience of going there. If I remember rightly I was on my way home from the West Country while the game was being played and was barely interested in it. Completely different case for those who went, of course!

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysAway2 View Post
    I don't agree.
    Being able to sing
    Aaron Gunnarson's farewell viking thunderclap was rather special, too. As was "dont take me home" after the match. The sight of City fans exiting Old Trafford singing that will stick with me for a long time.