+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Question Time

Re: Question Time

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Dargavel View Post
    His crime is being Welsh born and raised, and then having the cheek to become a barrister and move to England and leave a lucrative legal career behind to serve politics. As a “Tory” !!! He must be on the take, corrupt, the devil incarnate indeed. Or, alternatively and more plausibly, many Welsh vote like sheep because they’re indoctrinated. I wonder how the “staunch” Labour man/woman/non-gender specific voter feels about raising children who demand the latest smart phone, PlayStation or X-Box, leisure wear from leading brands etc. Which means feeding the capitalist pigs! I can only imagine the sleepless nights this fear must cause. Still, we’ve kept the Tory party for out for 20+ years. We’re doing just fine !!!
    So the Welsh Labour voters are indoctrinated sheep but that doesn't apply to the millions of tory voters in the South East of England, Norfolk , Sussex , Warwickshire, Oxfordshire who vote for anyone in a blue rosette ?

Thats a bit daft

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    It does make me laugh when Tories moan about voters who keep voting Labour. Are they for real? In hundreds of seats in England you could stick a blue rosette on a pig and it would still win for the Tories.
    The recent elections prove that Wales & England are different so having a go at Drakeford for saying ‘across the border’ as some anti English remark is absurd. It is different across the border, the ballot box proved it.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    And that's where we will stay , being subsided by scum controlled Tory money and happy to take it how ironic 🙄
    well lots of areas of England get subsidies from the tory money of the South East? They hate the tories in Liverpool

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Dargavel View Post
    His crime is being Welsh born and raised, and then having the cheek to become a barrister and move to England and leave a lucrative legal career behind to serve politics. As a “Tory” !!! He must be on the take, corrupt, the devil incarnate indeed.
    No, his 'crimes' are breaking the legal profession Code of Conduct (before being rewarded by Cameron with his appointment to the job of Solicitor General), tax dodging through his investments in Invicta Film Partnership, blaming the public (not Cummins or serial hand-shaker Johnson) for the spread of Covid, defending Matt Hancock for breaking the law by not publishing Covid contracts (the ones to Tory cronies and the other ones!), defending the Government's decision to break international law over Brexit, and by pronouncing that it is OK for governments to break any law, but probably not OK for them to break that same law twice. He is also an embarrassment when regularly sent out as a whipping boy on morning radio and TV whenever Johnson or the government have cocked up and everyone else is in hiding. There is loyalty and spin, and then there is the inept and shameless crap that Buckland offers up!

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    No, his 'crimes' are breaking the legal profession Code of Conduct (before being rewarded by Cameron with his appointment to the job of Solicitor General), tax dodging through his investments in Invicta Film Partnership, blaming the public (not Cummins or serial hand-shaker Johnson) for the spread of Covid, defending Matt Hancock for breaking the law by not publishing Covid contracts (the ones to Tory cronies and the other ones!), defending the Government's decision to break international law over Brexit, and by pronouncing that it is OK for governments to break any law, but probably not OK for them to break that same law twice. He is also an embarrassment when regularly sent out as a whipping boy on morning radio and TV whenever Johnson or the government have cocked up and everyone else is in hiding. There is loyalty and spin, and then there is the inept and shameless crap that Buckland offers up!
    But apart from that

Just watched.

It’s so sad to see politicians not able to say what they really think

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    What has he done wrong then Bob???
    I thought the "on the money" comment was an open goal and what I said was meant as a bit of a joke, a light hearted remark, but then Jon came along with his post.

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    True. A friend of mine who lives in Ton Pentre told me if Labour put forward a sheep at the next election, his money would be on it to win.
    When I talked about 22 consecutive years of a Labour controlled Sennedd, I asked him what their major achievements were. “We have kept the tories out for 22 years”was his reply.
    Says it all. No real achievements other than being 4th in the UK table for the economy, health and education.
    Always thrown into an argument by bitter Tories.

The reality is a sheep would win in probably more Tory safe seats. The argument goes both ways.

More worrying is the fact that worse than a sheep people actually went out and voted for Gavin Williamson , Teresa Coffey , Priti Patel , Robert Jenrick etc.

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    I think it's some achievement in the Uk, and some sort of record, that a single party has held office for 22 years, and won 6 successive elections. That's us in Wales, none of the other home nations or the Uk government can say that in modern history.

And despite Mr Andrew 'RT' Davies saying otherwise there mainly a swing away from the Tories and to Labour. H

However, with the SNP wining Scotland, there is not a hope of Labour winning a UK election any time soon./ Nice to se that the whole of South East Wales is red though. Unlike that lot in Hartlepool, like the bloke on the TV asked why he voted Tory and answer that they now have 9 food banks and under Labour they didn't have any!!!
    😂😂😂

We are doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    well he's certainly speaking on behalf of me , I think the Labour Party is Naffed but you are clearly a tory
    "You are a Tory" seems to be your standard reply whenever anyone dares to criticise the Labour party! I am not a Tory but I'm pretty sure Tories are allowed to criticise the Conservative Party if they are unhappy about something without being accused of being Labour?

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    It does make me laugh when Tories moan about voters who keep voting Labour. Are they for real? In hundreds of seats in England you could stick a blue rosette on a pig and it would still win for the Tories.
    Until recent times where the rosette has ended up on another animal that was solidly red .

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    "You are a Tory" seems to be your standard reply whenever anyone dares to criticise the Labour party! I am not a Tory but I'm pretty sure Tories are allowed to criticise the Conservative Party if they are unhappy about something without being accused of being Labour?
    he's definitely a tory , he's gutted Wales voted Labour, he knows he's a tory

Its as simple as that really

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    Nice to se that the whole of South East Wales is red though.
    Monmouthshire is in South East Wales as far as I'm aware and it's definitely very blue.
    Just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyncoed Slumdog View Post
    Monmouthshire is in South East Wales as far as I'm aware and it's definitely very blue.
    Just saying.
    Its on the English border , its not south east Wales

Its full of farmers , country folk and commuters in big houses

Of course its tory

Just as the Eastern fringe of mid Wales is generally tory

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I thought the "on the money" comment was an open goal and what I said was meant as a bit of a joke, a light hearted remark, but then Jon came along with his post.
    Too much?

Fair play, that's complete cobblers.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monmouthshire

You can’t get more south east Wales than Monmouthshire Sludge!

Quote Originally Posted by Cyncoed Slumdog View Post
    Fair play, that's complete cobblers.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monmouthshire
    I think its east Wales, bordering on England

Which is why its so tory

The map on the link you provided shows that

Newport South East Wales, Monmouth, bandit Country

So, given that the easternmost fringes of Wales form a border with England, and the piece of land we are talking about is in the south east of Wales, surely this area, that is on the English border, is South East Wales by simple knowledge of compass directions?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    So, given that the easternmost fringes of Wales form a border with England, and the piece of land we are talking about is in the south east of Wales, surely this area, that is on the English border, is South East Wales by simple knowledge of compass directions?
    Well whatever I think of south east Wales as cardiff , Barry, Newport Bridgend and the valleys , I would never think of monmouth as being part of South East Wales, its country bumpkin land

Well whatever I think of south east Wales as cardiff , Barry, Newport Bridgend and the valleys , I would never think of monmouth as being part of South East Wales, its country bumpkin land
    What do you think it is, then? North west Wales?

You really are one of the most bigoted, ignorant people on this board.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    What do you think it is, then? North west Wales?
    its east Wales

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    You really are one of the most bigoted, ignorant people on this board.
    I really don't care what a tory boy thinks of me

Finishing 4th out of 4 , with two having far bigger economies doesn't sound like the end of the world you are portraying .

I am glad we have kept the tories out for 22 years , I was chuffed to see the Conservative leader in Wales angry and red faced as the results came in .

22 years is not really long to be in charge of a country . I mean as a tory you should know that the country has been ruled in Westminster by the conservatives for many many more years than that and if you think that this has been a bed of roses you must be walking around with your eyes closed .

The tories could put up a vampire for election in many English seats and he or she would get voted in just in the same way some suggest the same as Labour in the valleys .

I mean what bunch of idiots would elect a foaming mouthed right wing nutcase like pritti Patel?

Tory voters , that's who

Labour have made many mistakes but the social care and NHS support my family have had recently has been first class
    Strange how you think you know how I vote.
    In actual fact I voted Plaid Cymru. Not because I want independence, but I would like to see an alternative party to labour managing Wales. I am not a fan of R T Davies so I hoped Plaid might offer something positive.
    From the results it shows that not many people shared my thoughts