+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Jamie Vardy.

Jamie Vardy.

It’s hard to imagine now, but Jamie Vardy had a choice between signing for Leicester and us back in the summer of 2012 and when you consider we won the Championship a few months later while Leicester stayed down, he could easily have chosen us (the word was that, apparently, he only chose them because it was closer to home for him).

Vardy would have made a huge difference to us, we would surely have still gone up if we had signed him, but could he have been the player that got the goals to have kept us up in 13/14 and where would we be now if that had happened? I’m fairly sure Vardy would have left us a long time ago, but the fee we would have got for him would have meant that the opportunity was there to build something sustainable, but would we have needed a recruitment department on a par with Leicester’s for that opportunity to be taken?

Re: Jamie Vardy.

Why would our Jamie have left us? He’d just won a Premier League winners medal with us and the City winning the Cup today would be the icing on the cake

The strange thing about Vardy is that he wasn’t exactly prolific in the Championship and only scored about 5 goals in his first Premier League season. What’s he’s done since then though has been unbelievable!
    If he’d have signed for us, I’m not really sure Malky would have played to his strengths. He probably would have been sold at a loss and he would have flourished elsewhere. It’s all hyperthetical though.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    It’s hard to imagine now, but Jamie Vardy had a choice between signing for Leicester and us back in the summer of 2012 and when you consider we won the Championship a few months later while Leicester stayed down, he could easily have chosen us (the word was that, apparently, he only chose them because it was closer to home for him).

Vardy would have made a huge difference to us, we would surely have still gone up if we had signed him, but could he have been the player that got the goals to have kept us up in 13/14 and where would we be now if that had happened? I’m fairly sure Vardy would have left us a long time ago, but the fee we would have got for him would have meant that the opportunity was there to build something sustainable, but would we have needed a recruitment department on a par with Leicester’s for that opportunity to be taken?
    Wasn’t Wes Morgan linked to us aswell when he was at forest?

If memory serves me right we didn't think he was worth a million pounds so Malky pulled out,

made the right choice imo

Quote Originally Posted by willo1927 View Post
    If memory serves me right we didn't think he was worth a million pounds so Malky pulled out,
    My recollection is that we had a million pounds bid accepted and Vardy chose Leicester over us - we paid more than that for a few players that summer.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Wasn’t Wes Morgan linked to us aswell when he was at forest?
    Think he might have been.

Quote Originally Posted by Mario Miethig View Post
    The strange thing about Vardy is that he wasn’t exactly prolific in the Championship and only scored about 5 goals in his first Premier League season. What’s he’s done since then though has been unbelievable!
    If he’d have signed for us, I’m not really sure Malky would have played to his strengths. He probably would have been sold at a loss and he would have flourished elsewhere. It’s all hyperthetical though.
    I think as someone who runs the channels, Vardy would have been suited to us, perhaps playing alongside a Helguson or Gestede.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    My recollection is that we had a million pounds bid accepted and Vardy chose Leicester over us - we paid more than that for a few players that summer.
    Yes we did pay more that summer but we weren't willing to pay that for a league 2 striker

Quote Originally Posted by willo1927 View Post
    Yes we did pay more that summer but we weren't willing to pay that for a league 2 striker
    https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...etwood-2050623

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...vardy-10373392