+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Access to Ely River through Plymouth Woods , Fairwater , Old Paper Mill , St Fagans

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Access to Ely River through Plymouth Woods , Fairwater , Old Paper Mill , St Fagans

wheres the best places to park to fish the Ely River around these areas

Any Ely and fairwater boys can help me out ?

Ely racecourse I know to fish there , down through past ccfc to bay but don't know paper mill to st Fagans very very

Cheers for any info

Re: Access to Ely River through Plymouth Woods , Fairwater , Old Paper Mill , St Fagans

Park around Mill Road in Ely and just walk down the lane to Ely River, next to the park.

Re: Access to Ely River through Plymouth Woods , Fairwater , Old Paper Mill , St Fagans

You can access the River Ely by St Fagans Level Crossing, park up in the Car Park by the pub ( it's not a car park solely for the pub ) and walk down Castle Hill

Birdies Lane?

Quote Originally Posted by uncle bob View Post
    Park around Mill Road in Ely and just walk down the lane to Ely River, next to the park.
    Tidy job uncle Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Toadstool View Post
    You can access the River Ely by St Fagans Level Crossing, park up in the Car Park by the pub ( it's not a car park solely for the pub ) and walk down Castle Hill
    loaded

When I used to live in Fairwater (long time ago) there were only sticklebacks in the river Ely - bet its got all sorts now

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Pontprennau Blues View Post
    When I used to live in Fairwater (long time ago) there were only sticklebacks in the river Ely - bet its got all sorts now
    Trout , roach , dace , chub , barbel , perch , pike , grayling

My old area. Access to the river as mentioned at Birdies Lane (you can park easy enough on Bwlch Rd (Fairwater side of the river) and go under the low bridge below the railway and turn right, lots of space in that direction.

Or park on Frank Rd and enter Plymouth Woods and head down to the river (that's a bit a climb back up from there though) but you do get access to the river via the woods.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    My old area. Access to the river as mentioned at Birdies Lane (you can park easy enough on Bwlch Rd (Fairwater side of the river) and go under the low bridge below the railway and turn right, lots of space in that direction.

Or park on Frank Rd and enter Plymouth Woods and head down to the river (that's a bit a climb back up from there though) but you do get access to the river via the woods.
    Thank you very much boss

Park in Bwlch Road Walk down Landwade Close you then get to the Ely trail it follows the river back up to St Fagans. Don't park in the Plymouth Arms car park it has now become a pay car park.

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    Park in Bwlch Road Walk down Landwade Close you then get to the Ely trail it follows the river back up to St Fagans. Don't park in the Plymouth Arms car park it has now become a pay car park.
    Nice one , I will show you how to catch a pike one day

Hope folks are well