Thread: Diedhiou released by Bristol City

Diedhiou released by Bristol City

Anybody think he could do a job here?

Re: Diedhiou released by Bristol City

yes but we would need to shift some of our other strikers presumably

Lazy.

Wouldn't be surprised to see him go to Boro. Warnock loves an ex-Bristol City player and he's just released Assombalonga and Ashley Fletcher.

Wasn't he the one that had a good season up front with Booby Reid for them?

Quote Originally Posted by tomcat View Post
    Wasn't he the one that had a good season up front with Booby Reid for them?
    The classic big man/little man combo. Rarely fails.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnojek View Post
    Wouldn't be surprised to see him go to Boro. Warnock loves an ex-Bristol City player and he's just released Assombalonga and Ashley Fletcher.
    Liked Fletcher - Wonder why he was released

I see it too often where a player has good last season when the contracts up.

Tomlin springs to mind and then can’t be bothered as the money is already secured.

All footballers pay should be on a modest basic, then with the right attitude and motivation the rest rockets on a performance related basis.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Wages probably.

So there’s three pretty decent Championship strikers available on frees in this thread - there’s going to be plenty of players who could be first teamers here available for little or nothing this summer I reckon.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    So there’s three pretty decent Championship strikers available on frees in this thread - there’s going to be plenty of players who could be first teamers here available for little or nothing this summer I reckon.
    And I reckon all of them are due a major shock when their agents start to talk to prospective clubs about wages!

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    Wages probably.
    Fletcher turned down Boro’s offer of a new deal on reduced terms, while Assombalonga, who remains the club’s record signing, was not offered a new contract, and Warnock suspects the pair have already agreed terms elsewhere.

https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sp...middlesbrough/

Bristol City were pathetically bad after first four games of this season. That's not going to be down any individual but I'd like to know what went wrong and what each individual is going to do to ensure not repeated before offering any of them a contract.

8 goals from 39 league games ain't fantastic for a striker and his worst season for a good few years - evidence of a decline or playing a in a bad team?

At 28 he'd probably be after a decent length contract on good wages but those should be kept for players we think can help us win promotion and make the step up rather than back ups for Moore.

There are going to be a hell of a lot players available this summer. Bristol City have released just about every single player out of contract. My home town club Shrewsbury have 13 players out of contract and have released 12 of them. As someone said I think players agents are in for a hell of a shock when it comes to negotiating players wages this season.

Any manager who is very savvy on the transfer market could improve his team considerably in the close season.

Diedhiou is lazy and has a terrible first touch. Bristol City fans can't wait to see the back of him.

Because he's not very good

I think there will be loads of good but ‘not elite’ players up for grabs at lower cost going forward.

Gone are the days of £5k a week for an average championship player when post covid contracts are negotiated.

Stand up to the agents and they will buckle.

In think he'd Diedhere