I don’t like Ojo
    😂

Re: Mehmet Dalman interview BBC Wales

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    ��
    Eyes are going, what Smiley is that/this

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Why would the figure Tan is putting into the club be exaggerated ?
    Because Dalman's a serial bullshitter who likes to stroke Tan's ego perhaps?

You obviously have no idea how much it costs to run a professional football club in the Championship. Do you think the stadium and all the staff employed apart from the players cost nothing ? Business rates for the stadium alone cost in the region of £500000 a year ! Do you actually believe that we only have 2/3 players on £20K a week as well - it was more like three or four times that (Smithies, Morrison, Flint, Bennett, Hoilett, Glatzel, Moore, Wilson, Ojo, Ralls, Murphy). Why would the figure Tan is putting into the club be exaggerated ? It was widely publicised by a number of different media outlets as between £3m and £4m a month over two years ago.
    Links please to the likes of Glatzel and Flint being on 20k a week wages.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    The bad results started after Bennett was out injured
    And before MM joined we had bad results when Bennett was in the side... Point is there were more factors that Bennett in our bad and good and bad again runs this season.

For his wages and the availability of other, cheaper and quicker, left back / left wing backs... I would let him go.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Links please to the likes of Glatzel and Flint being on 20k a week wages.
    What a stupid effing request.

Quote Originally Posted by AfricanBluebird View Post
    And before MM joined we had bad results when Bennett was in the side... Point is there were more factors that Bennett in our bad and good and bad again runs this season.

For his wages and the availability of other, cheaper and quicker, left back / left wing backs... I would let him go.
    How do you know what his wages are now or what wages he would be on under a new negotiated contract ?

Quote Originally Posted by AfricanBluebird View Post

Bennett was brilliant under Mick and our season went down the tubes when he got injured, and then Bagan in the next game. I'd be surprised if he didn't sign as he'll be out for 6 months at least.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    You really are a bitter and twisted individual regarding anything to do with Tan. What would they get out of exaggerating how much it costs to run the club anyway.

You really are a bitter and twisted individual regarding anything to do with Tan. What would they get out of exaggerating how much it costs to run the club anyway.
    Have you ever spent any time in Dalman’s company?

go on then , tell us

Dalman does remind me of Swiss Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by AntEvans View Post
    I always thought the PL and parachute money is paid at the end rather than the beginning of the season? If that's the case, VT could well have been putting in 3m a month while waiting for the parachute payment to arrive. Dalman is about as trustworthy as a politician.
    " Dalman is about as trustworthy as a politician "
    A certain someone else repeats that shite all the time

You should know all about serial bullshitters you licked his 99 enough

Have we ever had any non bullshitting board members? Thought it went with the territory.

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    You should know all about serial bullshitters you licked his 99 enough
    Look out, having popped his portrait of Vinnie back on the mantelpiece, Stockholm Stan's arrived....

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Have we ever had any non bullshitting board members? Thought it went with the territory.
    To a degree it seems to.

I was in a meeting with Mehmet Dalman in January 2015, during which he boldly stated he wasn't involved with Cardiff City when the club was rebranded. In truth, he joined the board in January 2012.

Dalman was appointed as City's Chairman seven years and nine months ago. If his latest claims are true and the club really has needed Vincent Tan to put in £3 million a month to keep it going, that's a damning indictment of the way in which he the board have been running the show. Premier League parachute payments, season ticket money and an additional £3 million a month to maintain a mid-table Championship club with a mediocre squad? Great work.

To a degree it seems to.

I was in a meeting with Mehmet Dalman in January 2015, during which he boldly stated he wasn't involved with Cardiff City when the club was rebranded. In truth, he joined the board in January 2012.

Dalman was appointed as City's Chairman seven years and nine months ago. If his latest claims are true and the club really has needed Vincent Tan to put in £3 million a month to keep it going, that's a damning indictment of the way in which he the board have been running the show. Premier League parachute payments, season ticket money and an additional £3 million a month to maintain a mid-table Championship club with a mediocre squad? Great work.
    You've met the both of them. Who's the biggest liar, Hammam or Dalman?

Assuming that you have spent time in his company, no doubt he speaks very highly of you as well. Also I would have no doubt that you would have spent the time touching your forelock, licking his arse and trying to get match tickets out of him because thats the kind of person you obviously are - say one thing and do the exact opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Bennett was brilliant under Mick and our season went down the tubes when he got injured, and then Bagan in the next game. I'd be surprised if he didn't sign as he'll be out for 6 months at least.
    Bennett did his ACL at the start of March, so he's likely to miss the first three months of the season and probably longer. If he signs a new contract, are we going to get another left back on loan until January or rely on Bagan with Ciaron Brown in reserve?

Assuming that you have spent time in his company, no doubt he speaks very highly of you as well. Also I would have no doubt that you would have spent the time touching your forelock, licking his arse and trying to get match tickets out of him because thats the kind of person you obviously are - say one thing and do the exact opposite.
    You couldn't really have got this more wrong. I was invited to one meeting at the club which Dalman hosted. It lasted about an hour. I felt the whole thing was a bit nauseating - a daft PR exercise overflowing with bullshit on both sides from start to finish. Dalman came across as very smooth but more than a little oily. I turned down an invitation to speak to him one-to-one after the main meeting and also declined an offer of a free ticket to the next home game.

So what do you reckon regarding Dalman's apparent claim (which he intially made in January) that Vincent Tan has been putting in £3 million a month during the pandemic to keep the club afloat? £36 million a year in hand-outs from the owner on top of the Premier League parachute payments and your season ticket money to keep a mid-ranking Championship team going - do you reckon that's likely? If so, what do you think about the way the club is being managed in financial terms? After all, if Dalman and Co are spending so much money but achieving so little, it can't be healthy, can it?

You couldn't really have got this more wrong. I was invited to one meeting at the club which Dalman hosted. It lasted about an hour. I felt the whole thing was a bit nauseating - a daft PR exercise overflowing with bullshit on both sides from start to finish. Dalman came across as very smooth but more than a little oily. I turned down an invitation to speak to him one-to-one after the main meeting and also declined an offer of a free ticket to the next home game.

So what do you reckon regarding Dalman's apparent claim (which he intially made in January) that Vincent Tan has been putting in £3 million a month during the pandemic to keep the club afloat? £36 million a year in hand-outs from the owner on top of the Premier League parachute payments and your season ticket money to keep a mid-ranking Championship team going - do you reckon that's likely? If so, what do you think about the way the club is being managed in financial terms? After all, if Dalman and Co are spending so much money but achieving so little, it can't be healthy, can it?
    Yes, I do believe it. I also believe that every single Championship club is in exactly the same position to different degrees. I don't understand why anyone would not believe it. What is there to be gained from making it up ? The accounts can easily be checked when they are filed. If the club has any ambitions at all to be successful then that is what it costs to run a club of our size. Instead of moaning all the time about anything they do, we should be bloody grateful that he is keeping us afloat, at the same time as backing the manager/team in still trying to get promotion.

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    You've met the both of them. Who's the biggest liar, Hammam or Dalman?
    I don't think that would be a valid comparison. One was the club owner, the other is the Chairman and they seem to be very different characters. Besides which, I've only spent an hour or so in Dalman's company, during which he was busily engaging in a cheesy PR exercise. I spent much more time in Hammam's company, often on a one-to-one basis, during which he talked about all manner of crap.

Perhaps a better comparison would be Peter Ridsdale, but again a direct comparison is difficult as I attended many meetings with him in a variety of settings and only one with Dalman which was staged by the club. I'll admit I always liked Ridsdale - he was entertaining company and I greatly admired how hard he worked and the phenomenal amount of hours he put in while he was Chairman. I reckon there's every chance the cub would have crashed in 2005 without him. However, he was obviously dodgy to put it mildly and could bullshit with the best of them. He had that down to an art form.

Yes, I do believe it. I also believe that every single Championship club is in exactly the same position to different degrees. I don't understand why anyone would not believe it. What is there to be gained from making it up ? The accounts can easily be checked when they are filed.
    Indeed they can and it'll be interesting to do so when we finally get the chance. What is there to be gained from making the figure up? I don't know, but I'm confident it's exaggerated. After all, the club's Premier League wage bill in 2018/19 was £42.5 million. It's sure to have reduced significantly since then, so given the fact that the club has received large parachute payments for the last two years, where have these enormous sums Dalman referred to been going?

I wouldn't rule the idea out completely, though. After all, I firmly believe that the claims some fans have been making about the club being a well-run operation in recent years is fiction.