+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mehmet Dalman interview BBC Wales

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Mehmet Dalman interview BBC Wales

Just on a few minutes ago. Cant link but if you restart program at 8pm you can hear it.
    Apart from barbed comments about attempted Prem breakaway the most interesting points from a City point of view:
    Joe Bennett...are negotiating new contract. Would like him to stay but not guaranteed
    Sol Bamba. Again negotiating contract but apparently things are quite complicated so again no guarantee he'll be staying
    Have made offers for several players, with one offer accepted.
    Would love Harry Wilson back, as they would Ojo. Ball is in Liverpool's court as Wilson in particular in last year of contract and Liverpool are no doubt looking to sell.
    Cardiff city will have to be pretty well self sufficient next season as they cant rely on VT indefinitely.

Really interesting interview.

Re: Mehmet Dalman interview BBC Wales

I like Mehmet

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I like Mehmet
    makes sense

I don’t like Ojo

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    I don’t like Ojo
    I do.

For a while he was our most dangerous player. There was a time when we were talking about him making a bigger impact than Wilson.

Fell away a bit but so did others.

Honestly though, I think whatever MM does in the transfer window, he must inject the side with pace.

I'd let Bennett go and bring in someone younger and with more pace. Ralls or Pack have to go and someone brought into midfield with some pace and guile. And we need a few forwards if we are gonna play a target man with two players around him.

Quote Originally Posted by AfricanBluebird View Post
    I do.

For a while he was our most dangerous player. There was a time when we were talking about him making a bigger impact than Wilson.

Fell away a bit but so did others.

Honestly though, I think whatever MM does in the transfer window, he must inject the side with pace.

I'd let Bennett go and bring in someone younger and with more pace. Ralls or Pack have to go and someone brought into midfield with some pace and guile. And we need a few forwards if we are gonna play a target man with two players around him.
    The bad results started after Bennett was out injured

The bad results started after Bennett was out injured
    And before MM joined we had bad results when Bennett was in the side... Point is there were more factors that Bennett in our bad and good and bad again runs this season.

For his wages and the availability of other, cheaper and quicker, left back / left wing backs... I would let him go.

And before MM joined we had bad results when Bennett was in the side... Point is there were more factors that Bennett in our bad and good and bad again runs this season.

For his wages and the availability of other, cheaper and quicker, left back / left wing backs... I would let him go.
    How do you know what his wages are now or what wages he would be on under a new negotiated contract ?

Bennett was brilliant under Mick and our season went down the tubes when he got injured, and then Bagan in the next game. I'd be surprised if he didn't sign as he'll be out for 6 months at least.

I don’t like Ojo
    You should have said.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    You should have said.

"Cardiff city will have to be pretty well self sufficient next season as they cant rely on VT indefinitely," but also we're offering deals to two premier league players, one player who won't be with us for several months and another player who appears limited to 5 minute cameos.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    "Cardiff city will have to be pretty well self sufficient next season as they cant rely on VT indefinitely," but also we're offering deals to two premier league players, one player who won't be with us for several months and another player who appears limited to 5 minute cameos.
    Two Premier League players?

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Two Premier League players?
    Sure he means Wilson and Ojo.

I think Premier League players can be used very loosely here, especially in relation to Ojo.

International

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post

So most of those words are yours, not his?

I don’t like Ojo
    Yawn.

I don’t like Ojo
    😂

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    ��
    Eyes are going, what Smiley is that/this

Nothing surprising really in all of that.

Bennett has a bad injury and negotiations cut both ways. Delaying signing a deal has meant that his hand has been weakened significantly by the injury.
    Bamba kept on as a coach would be decent for some but as a player, not so much. Both of those deals could be seen as risky at a time when money is tighter than it has been for quite some time.

Us offering to loan Wilson for the last season of his Liverpool deal has zero chance of happening. An Ojo deal probably has more legs.

I'd be interested to see who we have had a bid accepted for and assume that deal will be completed soon.

Problem area being the middle of the park again. Players not up to it and too many players of the same style. A lot of grunt but not a lot of pace or flair. Changes needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    Would love Harry Wilson back, as they would Ojo. Ball is in Liverpool's court as Wilson in particular in last year of contract and Liverpool are no doubt looking to sell.
    Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    Cardiff city will have to be pretty well self sufficient next season as they cant rely on VT indefinitely.
    Does not compute.

I'm a Bennett fan but no doubt on a good wage, unless that can be dramatically reduced I'll be honest id like to see Bagan given a go and a back up brought in on lower wages, easier said than done I guess but let's get the wage bill down.

This £3 million a month from Tan just doesn’t make sense. That’s £36 million plus another £35 million parachute payments and a few million more from live tv appearances, sponsorship etc probably adds up to nearly £80 million of income. Surely our outgoings are no where near that amount??

Quote Originally Posted by Poolerblue View Post
    This £3 million a month from Tan just doesn’t make sense. That’s £36 million plus another £35 million parachute payments and a few million more from live tv appearances, sponsorship etc probably adds up to nearly £80 million of income. Surely our outgoings are no where near that amount??
    Well one player on £20K per week costs £1 million per year before bonuses. Then factor in staff, the academy, directors, utilities, agent fees, maintenance and so on... and I’m pretty sure that sponsorship must have dried up?

Quote Originally Posted by Poolerblue View Post
    I always thought the PL and parachute money is paid at the end rather than the beginning of the season? If that's the case, VT could well have been putting in 3m a month while waiting for the parachute payment to arrive. Dalman is about as trustworthy as a politician.

Here you go very interesting

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p09hmy8h

Quote Originally Posted by AntEvans View Post
    I always thought the PL and parachute money is paid at the end rather than the beginning of the season? If that's the case, VT could well have been putting in 3m a month while waiting for the parachute payment to arrive. Dalman is about as trustworthy as a politician.
    " Dalman is about as trustworthy as a politician "
    A certain someone else repeats that shite all the time