+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: James Waite

James Waite

I'm not sure how I should feel about him going. Definitely has talent but is his stature against him?
    https://twitter.com/GlenWilliams12/s...471327233?s=19

Re: James Waite

He has been at the club for a while since he was 7, in and out on loan under many managers , I guess the lad didn't convince any of them ,hopefully he gets a birth somewhere and proves us all wrong ,good luck to the lad, can't be easy getting into any first team squad .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    He has been at the club for a while since he was 7, in and out on loan under many managers , I guess the lad didn't convince any of them ,hopefully he gets a BIRTH somewhere and proves us all wrong ,good luck to the lad, can't be easy getting into any first team squad .
    Hope he stays with the mother

I always though he was a good player. i know he only played once for the first team, in a Cup game. I'm sure he is good enough for League 2 and Newport should take a look.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyncoed Slumdog View Post
    I'm not sure how I should feel about him going. Definitely has talent but is his stature against him?
    https://twitter.com/GlenWilliams12/s...471327233?s=19
    What an indictment against City that a player with his talent never got a chance to play in the first team in a competitive game (although I see Cardiff 55 syas he played once, so I may be wrong there) - from memory Warnock played him in friendlies and I seem to recall him being in the squad for the FA Cup game at Gillingham and that would have been an ideal opportunity for him to get some time on the pitch to give an indication as to whether his ability could be transfered into a first team situation. Instead, Warnock didn't even select him for the bench as he opted to bring on the "tried and tested" Mutphy, Ward and Hoilett, for all of the good it did us, while Cameron Coxe and Lloyd Humphries were unused subs.

As for whether Waite's size was perceived as a disadvantage, I would say it definitely was - after all, in terms of technique and ability, he was better than many who played for us last season.

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    I always though he was a good player. i know he only played once for the first team, in a Cup game. I'm sure he is good enough for League 2 and Newport should take a look.
    So why has he never played at a higher level than the National League North?

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    So why has he never played at a higher level than the National League North?
    He has, he played Cup game for us. Lots of players get released and do well, even at Cardiff. Semi Ajayi, Tom Lockyer, Deji Oshilaja, Joe Jacobsen, Aron Willdig. He may not be good enough for the Championship but it doesn't mean he can't do a jon at League 2 or National league level.

He's not developed in to a 1st team player with us, so his wages will be used to pay someone else who is younger.