+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The FA Cup Final

Re: The FA Cup Final

We’ve been blessed with some bloody good keepers. The outstretched save was just world class.

Looks more than 10k fans there. Well done Leicester. If we could have won just one of those cup finals we appeared in I would have died happy.

yep...me too....

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    VAR, at it's best (Leicester) & worst (Chelski)

Imagine if you were a Chelski fan. oh dear
    Right decision but as a Chelsea fan there how shit must it be. Imagine city equalising late in a cup final and you unsure whether to bother celebrating.

Take that big six! Great goal to decide the game and justice was done with the disallowed goal because a great servant like Wes Morgan does not deserve to have his career defined by a Cup Final own goal at 37.

collecting medals a low point....really.....cluld use gloves and go up steps.... not the same!!!

Kaspers save was every bit as good as the goal. Great victory Leicester!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Frank O'Farrell got a mention earlier. He was Leicester manager when the last got the cup final in 1969.
    Cardiff City got a mention as well. Commentator said Mason Mount was at Wembley in 2008, supporting Pompey against us.

to think how paths have diversed since we met them in playoffs.....

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    collecting medals a low point....really.....cluld use gloves and go up steps.... not the same!!!
    It's the close contact with the trophy presenters not the lack of gloves

Great...THAT is what club ownership is about....and similarities with VT.

VAR, at it's best (Leicester) & worst (Chelski)

Imagine if you were a Chelski fan. oh dear
    As it wasn't used in earlier rounds should it have been used today?

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Cardiff City got a mention as well. Commentator said Mason Mount was at Wembley in 2008, supporting Pompey against us.
    By the way. He was only 9.
    13yrs ago already!!!

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Take that big six! Great goal to decide the game and justice was done with the disallowed goal because a great servant like Wes Morgan does not deserve to have his career defined by a Cup Final own goal at 37.

Didn't it come off Chigwell last ? He was flat on the pitch and the ball hit him.

I had the sound down

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    As it wasn't used in earlier rounds should it have been used today?
    Wasn't it used in all Premier grounds ? (as they are the only ones with it )

Difficult to watch that game as i wanted both teams to lose!

Wasn't it used in all Premier grounds ? (as they are the only ones with it )
    I don't know, but surely you can't have one law for one team and another for someone else in the same competition. Yes I know 2 PL teams were involved today, but the same applies to all.

VAR slowly sucking the joy outta football.

Quote Originally Posted by Madassa View Post
    VAR slowly sucking the joy outta football.
    What joy would there have been in seeing Leicester scuppered by an injustice?

What an emotional day for all related to Leicester. Great second half and fantastic to see with the fans. I haven’t enjoyed a game of football like that for a long time.

I like Chelsea’s new kit!

Didn't watch the game (which says a lot in itself about me and the way the game's going) so don't know about any injustice but my point is about VAR never allowing fans to really celebtate a goal in the same way ever again. if football loises these raw emotions then it's stuffed as a live event for fans in grounds in my view.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    What an emotional day for all related to Leicester. Great second half and fantastic to see with the fans. I haven’t enjoyed a game of football like that for a long time.

I like Chelsea’s new kit!
    I liked the kit aswell. Shame its spoilt by the massive sponsors logo on the front.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    What joy would there have been in seeing Leicester scuppered by an injustice?
    Why would it have been an injustice?

I thought VAR was to stop clear and obvious mistakes by the officials, although I may be wrong there.

If I'm not then being three mil offside isn't an injustice.

Quote Originally Posted by Madassa View Post
    Didn't watch the game (which says a lot in itself about me and the way the game's going) so don't know about any injustice but my point is about VAR never allowing fans to really celebtate a goal in the same way ever again. if football loises these raw emotions then it's stuffed as a live event for fans in grounds in my view.
    There was a surfeit of emotion in today's game and an offside goal was ruled out. The worse scenario would have been for the game to incorrectly go into extra time.