+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Gabor Gyepes article

  1. #1

    Gabor Gyepes article

    Interesting article on WOL about his career and time at Cardiff

    https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...wsApp_AppShare

  2. #2
    International jon1959's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Sheffield - out of Roath
    Posts
    11,324

    Re: Gabor Gyepes article

    Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Interesting article on WOL about his career and time at Cardiff

    https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...wsApp_AppShare
    Another one saying they didn't train properly under Jones.

  3. #3

    Re: Gabor Gyepes article

    I like Gabor and remember that tackle well. Shame hey was displaced by the great 'Keinan Davies' though!!!

  4. #4

    Re: Gabor Gyepes article

    Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Another one saying they didn't train properly under Jones.
    We spend a lot of time talking about leaving Ramsey out of FA Cup final but we should be talking about DJ's lax attitude to training (it comes up) and also the fantastic captains we had at the time who never pulled their colleagues up on it (never mentioned).

    What the likes of Purse and Hudson doing when lack of professionalism in pre-season was costing us promotion year after year?

  5. #5

    Re: Gabor Gyepes article

    Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    I like Gabor and remember that tackle well. Shame hey was displaced by the great 'Keinan Davies' though!!!
    😂 Wonder why he changed his name from Dekel Keinan? Welsh citizenship 🤔
    (Keinan is still playing for Sacramento in California)

  6. #6

    Re: Gabor Gyepes article

    Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Another one saying they didn't train properly under Jones.
    I don't seem to recall so many injured players under Dave Jones

  7. #7

    Re: Gabor Gyepes article

    Quote Originally Posted by dandywarhol View Post
    I don't seem to recall so many injured players under Dave Jones
    I do remember some wonderful free flowing football under DJ , Great era .

  8. #8

    Re: Gabor Gyepes article

    Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    We spend a lot of time talking about leaving Ramsey out of FA Cup final but we should be talking about DJ's lax attitude to training (it comes up) and also the fantastic captains we had at the time who never pulled their colleagues up on it (never mentioned).

    What the likes of Purse and Hudson doing when lack of professionalism in pre-season was costing us promotion year after year?
    Interesting comment. Could it be that captains are there to endorse the manager and, by being critical, might end up losing that responsibility? I don't know.

  9. #9

    Re: Gabor Gyepes article

    I think that the name Gyepes is pronounced Depes/Depesh or similar. Just sayin'

  10. #10

    Re: Gabor Gyepes article

    Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I do remember some wonderful free flowing football under DJ , Great era .
    Most entertaining football for the last 20 years by miles...

  11. #11
    International jon1959's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Sheffield - out of Roath
    Posts
    11,324

    Re: Gabor Gyepes article

    Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I do remember some wonderful free flowing football under DJ , Great era .
    It was great until his team hit the wall in November.... almost every year.

    Quite a few of his players from that time have recently (on a variety of podcasts) described the lack of professionalism and waste of pre-season. Come November they were shot and the results reflected that.

  12. #12

    Re: Gabor Gyepes article

    Great tackle

    Most think it was a foul, I fail to see it

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •