+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Garage conversions

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Garage conversions

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    from all this Mike, it sounds to me as if you might be better off demolishing the thing and building an extension to the house.
    It may end up bigger better and easier lol

Yeah it would. If I was younger and richer then that would be the best option. At this stage of my life I’m looking to wind down to the end of my mortgage not adding to it. Other houses around us have all had extensions or conversions. If we extended the garage backwards it would match up an extension on next doors.

Knocking it down and building a new stand alone building could be an option. I think I need a local builder to give me an idea. Lots of houses in the area have been improved.

An interesting set of responses. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post

Yeah it would. If I was younger and richer then that would be the best option. At this stage of my life I’m looking to wind down to the end of my mortgage not adding to it. Other houses around us have all had extensions or conversions. If we extended the garage backwards it would match up an extension on next doors.

Knocking it down and building a new stand alone building could be an option. I think I need a local builder to give me an idea. Lots of houses in the area have been improved.

is it for a purpose though Mike ? ? ? like a granny flat etc etc

or for family to visit and stay ? ? ?

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post

It's a love dungeon.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post

Well our initial thoughts was to make an independent living space for our sons to use as a stepping stone. It could also be a guest area for when visitors come, If it was not being used by the boys at that time.

Well our initial thoughts was to make an independent living space for our sons to use as a stepping stone. It could also be a guest area for when visitors come, If it was not being used by the boys at that time.
    Just sent you PM........I think??

International

You could salvage the bricks from the existing, (if it is brick) and use them on the extension lol. I know a good honest bricklayer.