Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
I'm with you here. The both times we have been in the Prem have been awful, for a variety of reasons.

I feel that the six 'plastics' should have been demoted down to the Championship to teach them a lesson. Yes, I know there would be 30 teams in the division next season, but every Championship club would have at least six sell out home games. The added bonus with three up three down, is that only three would be likely to return to the Prem the following. One or two like the arse might even do a Leeds and go down to League 1. Bonus! Seriously though, they should have all been deducted points, thus not allowing them to participate in Europe next season
It would have to be the points deduction because it would hurt them more and they need that level of punishment though I'm liking your ruthlessness . In the latest edition in When Saturday Comes it states that all signed up to 23-year contracts. They intended to run second-string teams in their own leagues. They were guaranteed an annual income of around £280 million with a broadcasting contract on top of that. And let's not forget that there were to be 15 permanent members of the new EL - the other 3 unamed before it imploded.